oliver wood

"Oliver is teaching you Quidditch and you fall for him, the next day he gets with Katie Bell and you ignore him. He trues to talk to you but you continue to ignore him. Finally you tell him and he feels the same." for pluvophilestars

no warnings

I was trying my hardest to get just a little bit better at Quidditch before try-outs next week. So, I got one of the best damn players Gryffindor has ever seen. Now, Oliver Wood and I weren't exactly friends, but we weren't strangers. We shared a few classes and you know I just had a massive crush on the kid.

"Hey, Oliver, could you help me out a little before try-outs?" I asked.

"Yeah, totally. Meet me on the pitch after your last class," he said.

"Cool, I'll be there." I smiled at the boy I'd had a crush on for years, as now I had a way to get a little bit better at the sport I love and talk to the boy who stole my eye in 4th year.

The next few classes seemed to take ages to finish before I could finally make it down to the pitch. I could see Oliver decked out in Quidditch pads while I was wearing some jeans and a t-shirt.

"Ready to get started?" he asked me.

"Yeah," I responded.

For the next hour-or-so, Oliver had given me so many tips and I could honestly say he made me better. Oliver putting so much effort into drills and technique really pay off.

"Thank you so much, Oliver!" I say, giving him a quick hug, making my heart rate increase exponentially.

"You're very welcome, Y/N," the brunette said. When I pulled away from the hug, I couldn't help but look at the brown eyes I was so mesmerized by. I noticed him not-so-subtly look down at my lips before leaning in slowly. The sound of two boy's laughter filled our ears, making both us jump apart fairly quickly.

"Get some, Wood!" I heard what I assumed to be one of the Weasley twins. The sound of wolf whistles and cheers made me rush back up to the castle before any other embarrassment could come my way. I can't believe Oliver Wood almost kissed me!

The next day when I walked into breakfast, I noticed someone sitting next to Oliver and holding his hand. The girl leaned up to place a kiss against his cheek. I rushed over to sit with the twins before anyone could notice me standing and staring at Oliver.

"who's dating Wood?" I asked.

"Why none other than the Miss Katie Bell," Fred said.

"You know, I was quite surprised it wasn't you being all  lovey dovey with our keeper," George smirked.

"It being that the two of you cam so close to kissing just yesterday," Fred piped in.

"No need to rub it in," I groan and slam my head onto the table in front of me.

"Turns out, Katie asked him out this morning," George said to his brother. Hearing George's words just made me hit my head into the table multiple times. Both of the twin's grabbed hold of my shoulders to pull me up.

"Look, you could always just ignore the kid," Fred said.

"Yeah, that's always a viable option," I replied to the ginger on my right.

For the next week, anytime I would see Oliver, I would either turn right around or try to get by him without looking in his direction. That was until he pulled me into a deserted hallway.

"Y/N, why are you ignoring me? I mean, I know we didn't talk much before, but now you won't even breathe in my direction," he pleads. I wasn't going to give up that easily so I just simply looked away from the brunette and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Please, tell me what I did wrong," he begs. Seeing him so upset, almost made me crack, but the fact that he led me on with that kiss, made me stand my ground.

"Was it that almost kiss?" he asks.

"No, Oliver, It's that fact that you almost kissed me and then practically forgot about it the minute Katie Bell asked you out. I've liked you for two years! Two years, and when I thought I finally had a chance, you start dating Katie," I ranted.

"Y/N I-I," he stuttered.

"Save it," I said before trying to walk away but getting stopped by a hand on my wrist.

"No, I'm not going to 'save it.' I didn't think you liked me back after you walked away! That's the only reason I even said yes to Katie! I've liked for three years, don't even start trying to tell me about thinking you don't have a chance," Oliver said.

"I walked away because I was embarrassed. I get flustered fairly easily around you and then the twins had to waltz in and start laughing." I made eye contact with him for the first time since the night we almost kissed. His brown eyes that always seemed to leave my hypnotized. 

"You have no idea how how flustered I get around you," he said, leaning down to my lips similar to the time before.

I pulled back before saying to him," You're dating Katie."

"I don't care about that right now," he said before leaning down once again.

"No, I am not going to be the one the cheater is caught kissing," I said before pushing him away. "If you want to be with me, you will have to break up with Katie, first,"

"Okay, fine, but I will be getting my kiss later," He chuckled before walking off.

"I'll be waiting!" I yelled at him in the desolate hallway.