I Do Care Bailey

"You look nice"

"Thanks, you to" I say shyly.

"This doesn't have to be awkward B, were just hanging out" he bumps my shoulder softly.

"Where are we going"

"To the park"

"We always go to the park, why not the beach or the movies"

"The parks our thing B, we play in the leaves and push each other on the swings" he smiles at me.

"maybe it's time for a different thing" I bite my lip nervously.

"What do you mean, like us or a spot"

"Both" I look down to him.

"Can I say something ?"

"Okay"

"I like you Bailey, more then a friend like you" he says quitely

"I like you to Eli, but I think we should just be friends for now"

"That's cool, I guess" he looks away from me sad.

The rest of time we were together was weird and we were quite, we didn't talk a lot and it was getting late so he walked me home and we said goodbye. I walk into the house and see autumn in the kitchen making dinner, I go grab a bottle of water from the fridge and start walking up to my room but autumn stops me.

"Whats wrong B?" She looks at me sympathetically.

"Why would you care, you don't want anything to do with me"

"I do care about you Bailey, it's just hard for me being a mother, I'm not sure what to do, I do love you Bailey and all that me and you mum has been through I've put that behind me. I'm just glad I have both you and Jack in my life. I've grown up now and I'm not the same person as i was, don't you believe in second chances"

"Do you mean this, cause I could really use someone to talk to right now"

"I do mean it B, what do you need to talk about"

"Eli, he um said he liked me more then friends, but I just said we should just stay friends."

"Now you think it will be weird and you don't know what to do"

"Exactly, why do boys have to be so complicated "

"There not Bailey, just be normal with him and try to get pass this, when you think your ready tell him you want more then being friends"

"Really"

"Yes Bailey, you can come and talk to me whenever you want, cause I do care"  as she says this I just jump into her arms and give her a big hug, as she kisses the top of my head before I go into my room.

Just be cool with him and tell him when your ready, I keep telling myself from freaking out, about it even more. Schools going to be tomorrow, I have every class with him.