Passion

"I think...some of the most difficult parts of writing, is writing the calm parts." Zayn told Harry, the two sitting at the kitchen table discussing Zayn's newest book.

Well, that's what they had been doing until they got off topic.

Harry began to interview Zayn about his writing, and writing in general because he found it all so interesting.

Much like Zayn had apparently found his shoe size interesting.

It was half an hour until midnight now, but neither of them had noticed.

"Calm parts?" Harry echoed, his elbow on the table and his head rested against his hand as he watched Zayn intently.

He could watch him talk for a lifetime.

"Yeah like, it's easy to write a fight scene with passion. Or like a sex scene, or anything like that. But the ones in between are the hardest. There isn't exactly an overwhelming amount of passion in sitting around watching shows or cleaning the house." Zayn explained.

Harry stared at him for a moment.

"I think it could be passionate. Depending on who else is there."

Zayn looked at him. "How?"

"Well, for instance, I'd find passion wherever I was as long as the love of my life was with me. You know? Simple tasks become adventures with loved ones." Harry said.

"Yeah, that makes sense. I hadn't really thought about that." Zayn said quietly, looking back at his laptop.

"Still, I'd much rather constantly write fight scenes or sad scenes. Anything that requires large amounts of emotion."

"Maybe have a character who's a doctor. Or a police officer." Harry suggested.

"That could work..." Zayn trailed off, staring off into space as he thought.

"It would be exciting-" Harry stopped as Zayn's laptop started making noise.

"Oh, Eric wants to video chat." Zayn said.

"This late?" Harry asked, glancing at the clock.

"Hi." Zayn smiled after he opened the chat.

"Hey babe." Eric replied, so happy to be seeing Zayn's face after such a long day.

"What's up sweetheart?" Harry smirked, leaning closer to Zayn so Eric could see him.

Eric's smile vanished, and he looked from Harry to Zayn and back.

"....Hi Harry."

"We were just chatting about my book. He came over for dinner." Zayn said casually, even though he could see that Eric wasn't feeling very casual.

"How did today go?" Zayn asked before Eric or Harry could say anything else.

"It was hectic. It was stupid of me to agree to do this." Eric admitted.

"I'm sorry babe." Zayn said sympathetically.

"Listen, call me later when we can talk privately okay? Even though it's already really late and you're still..." Eric trailed off, looking at Harry.

"Hi." Harry grinned, waving.

"I will. I love you." Zayn said.

"Yeah, love you too." Eric said sharply, ending the chat.

"I'm sensing hostility." Harry smiled as Zayn closed his laptop.

"I didn't get you in trouble did I?"