Orbs ~Tadashi x Reader~

Your POV

The soft white cloth that surrounded your head laid as if they're supposed to be there like always. I remembered how my fingers brushed along the fabric-- it's as if I myself would want to pull it off. But both of us knew that even if I could, I shouldn't.

You remained silent as I told you sweet soothing words to cheer you up as you sat beneath the sheets of white. Your left hand was resting against your lap, while your other hand laid gently on your other side. Scars that reminded you of the burns you attained decorated parts of your arms, along with the rest of your body. I remembered how I clutched that hand of yours, and how I told you that even if you're not fine I know that someday you will be.

As the day goes by, your lips started to open. They started to tell me a couple of words that stood as a reply to my every question or statement. Happiness warmed my heart when I knew that you could speak with me again. Your family felt the same thing. Your brother, your aunt and your friends were glad that you  were slowly returning back.

The explosion that rung in your ears luckily didn't take away your hearing. The glass shards that ruined your image were the only thing you curse ever since.  They shouldn't have been where they were before. They shouldn't have put you through the pain. But here you are, weak, but fighting.

I always wished that the cloth that surrounded your head would just come off. It's been awhile since they've stayed. I already miss looking at your face that radiated when you smile, and your eyes that brightened everytime you're either with me, friends, or family. Oh how I longed for the day you'll finally return to normal.

Delight had entered my body when they told us that the cloth you've been wearing all this time could finally be removed. The people in white came to your side, I'm sure that you already felt them. One of them placed their hands on the white cloth, and as the seconds ticked the cloth was slowly removed from your head.

Your eyes fluttered open. They were still so gorgeus. I thought they would fix the wounds, though. How come they're not as bright as they should be?

Your lashes kept fluttering as you blink. I was the first one to step forward to welcome you again to the light, when I held your hand I felt warmth all over.I didn't mind those scars. Even if they were a result from the past. I then felt you return the grip. That only made me overjoyed.

"Tadashi?" I greeted you with a smile. When you heard my words you turned to look at me, my orbs meeting yours. The glimmering hazelnut color of your eyes were somehow no longer there. That made me wonder. But the feeling of curiosity didn't overpower the happiness I feel.

"(Y/n)?" Your lips revealed your teeth that shined almost like pearls in the sea. Your grip on my hand became tighter soon after. The question you then asked me made my heart shatter.

"Is that you?" You were still looking at me, but how come you didn't recognize? I never changed anything about my face. As far as I can remember, I'm still the same as I was before.

"It is," Swallowing back the heavy feeling, I replied. I tried to hold back my mouth from asking stupid questions, but in the end the words you weren't expecting to hear came out of my mouth.

"Can you not see?"

Silence enveloped the room. The chillness of the aura your family and friends gave off made me rethink my question. Your grip on my hand loosened, as I contemplated whether or not I made a mistake to ask. Your hand went back on laying on your lap, and when you looked down, the heaviness I'm feeling quickly came crashing down on me again.

Your eyes slowly squinted, your cheeks got a fainted red color. Suddenly, I saw liquid leak out of your eyes, and there I knew you were now crying.

"I-I'm sorry for asking!" I immediately apologized. I sat beside you, against the white sheets that looked cleaner than ever, while laying a hand against your shoulders. I did my best to calm you down, whispered apologies and soothing words. You kept on crying.

I let your tears pour out, and when you were ready, you spoke. You spoke with a voice that I could not really tell that it's yours, because hiccups were there every now and then.

"I-I'm really sorry, (Y/n). I-If it weren't for my stupidity, I-I still can look at your face without worrying at all. If I didn't.. leap into that burning building, thinking that I could be some sort of hero.." You explained, wiping away the dried tears on your cheeks. "But now, because of that.. my eyes could no longer work. And it b-breaks my heart to kn-now the fact that I couldn't see your face anymore."

"I couldn't see those.." You hiccuped. "..(eye color) orbs that I fell in love with; I could no longer tell you how beautiful you are today." You kept looking down. You never stared back at me. You remained silent after your words. Your family already decided to step out of the room to leave us some space. I think that they felt guilty for not informing me of this, so probably it would be nice to leave us alone to speak.

Once the silence passed away, your hands attempted to find mine. Once you've held them again, you kept a tight grip, as if your life depended on it.

"But even if I couldn't see you anymore," You tried to grin, cheering me up. You never loosened your hold.

"At least I could still feel how much I love you."