Chapter 20

(You P.O.V)

(Insert date)

It hasn't been long since the day my legs finally healed. I'm glad they did though, I don't think I would have lasted another week in the lab for just check-ups and treatment. Once I got back home I was sure I was gonna get a lecture from mom but by my surprise I didn't. She was more happy that I'm home then just focusing on the negatives. I have asked her questions though about dad. All she knew was that he was in the gang for awhile but she never knew what he did to the gang to leave hunting down for us if I didn't join to began with. Turns out that he was also involved with the Shredder but mom didn't know what he did. He just left us with out facing any of his problems, he wanted to start a new life. And I guess he got what he wanted. He now has a wife and a two kids, but he doesn't want anything to do with us. It's hard to think that even though he never said that but he sure is making seem like it. But beside from that stuff turns out Val and Raph hit off and they're dating now. I'm glad now knowing that happened, now she can stop making fun of Mikey and I being a couple...

I closed my lime green notebook and set my blue ink pen beside it. I slide off my bed and walk downstairs, and it wasn't much of a surprise to see my mother downstairs cooking in the kitchen. I pull up a chair and sat down in it smiling,missing the smell of my mother's cooking. I crossed my arms and place them on the table and continued to watch my mom cook. I watched as she grabbed a plate and placed (Favorite meal) onto the plate, she then placed a silver spoon/fork onto the plate as well. She placed the well-cooked meal in front of me as my mouth started to drool.

"Honey please eat, a puddle is slowly growing from your spit." She slightly giggled. I wiped my mouth and wiped up the so called "puddle" off the table. I began to devour the entire meal, a slight burp came out of my mouth as I placed a hand over my lips.

"Excuse me." I lightly said to myself. I took my plate to the sink and rinsed it off. I walked over to my mom that was on the couch currently watching Netflix. I placed a small peck on her forehead and gratefully thanked her for dinner. I walked back upstairs laid back down on my bed. I stared at the ceiling as I recently set up glow-in-the-dark star,moons,etc stickers on it. I heard my phone buzz next to me, I picked it up and went to my notifications. There was a text from Mikey, without knowing it a smile appeared onto my face. The text said that something was outside waiting for me. I got excited and ran to the window without hesitation. I opened the curtains and the window to meet a certain turtle. He walked into my room as I closed the window, I turned around and engulfed him with a hug. He gradually hugged back and slightly ran his green-freckled finger through my (hair color) hair.

"So soft~" He cooed like a child.

"Thanks." I said with a closed eyed smile. I opened my eyes to see Mikey sniffing around my room, I crossed my arms and stared at him with a smirk. He turned his attention back to me and nervously laughed while scratching the back of his head.

"Mikey if you want some of my mom's cooking you could have just asked." I said as I pulled his tails from his mask, out of my room. I led him downstairs where my mother saw him, she smiled and got up to hug him. She quickly fixed him a plate and went back into the living room. After he ate we went back upstairs and went to the rooftop to stargaze for a bit. We sat on the edge of the roof and stared at the deep endless black sky only to have tiny twinkling stars shining above. Silence was all that was there with both of us. It didn't bother me though, as long I was with someone that made me happy I was okay. Mikey then asked me a question that kind of shocked me, which I found kind of odd since it was coming from him.

"Y/n?" He asked again. I asked him to the repeat the question once more since I wasn't paying attention.

"Did you have anyone before me?, like an ex?" He asked avoiding my eye contact.

I turned my head and faced back at the sky and smiled just a bit.

"Yes I did. Just one though, we only dated for like 3 or 4 months." I answered.

"What happened?" He turned his eyes to me but I continued to look at the sky.

"He left me for someone else. I don't understand what I did wrong though it just happened." I sighed.

I laughed a bit remembering what he put me through and I continued to talk.

"I remember his texting me asking if I could be his girlfriend. I was the happiest girl on earth since he's was my crush for a really long time. So as time went on we would hug and kiss all the little 'cute' things a cheesy couple would do. Our first week he told me that he 'loved' me and as being a girl having her first boyfriend ever I believed him. So each night we would end our texts or calls with a 'I love you.' It was maybe the third or fourth month we were still dating, I thought we were doing great. But I guess I was wrong... that day when I got home from school I got a text saying that he had something to tell me. My heart started to race not knowing if this was gonna be a bad thing or a good thing. He later told me that he thought it would be a good idea to see other people. And after that text maybe we shouldn't speak or text each other anymore. My heart was shattered at that moment, I wanted to know why he was breaking up with me. He told me that he liked another girl. In the back of my head I kept on playing the same thought over and over again.

'Am I not good enough?' The last question I asked him was 'Is there anything I could change about myself so I can still be with you?' His answer was a simple 'no'. After we said our goodbyes I went to bed thinking about awkward it was gonna be seeing him in the hallways the next day. That morning I went to school I saw him flirting with another girl, that sight kind of stung. But I had to get over it somehow, after that there some guys here and there that would flirt with me but I would kindly turn down the gesture that they made. Knowing and kind of scared that I might be making another mistake to get my heart broken again." I finally finished and let my head fall back. I felt a hand touch mine, I looked at Mikey who was now staring at me. I could sense the grief from his eyes but the way how he was staring at me it was a serious emotion.

"I'm sorry that happened." He replied. I waved both of my hands and nervously laugh.

"Hey don't get sad now, it was the past so don't worry about." I reassured him.

"Well I can tell you now Y/n, that guy was a jerk not realizing what a amazing person you are."

"Awe thanks Mikey." I laughed slightly at the compliment. He grabbed one of hands again and looked into my eyes as I did the same with his.

"And I can promise you this, you being with me won't be a mistake." He said softly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 1391

Sorry that it was late,I hope guys enjoyed this chapter.

Bye ~ <3