Chapter 22

[Funneh]

The night drew itself into my eyesight as I stared out the window,enjoying the cold breeze going through my hair.I glanced at the moon for a second,giving myself peace for a second along.The street under was covered in different types of cars,which had their own story about their driver.Just like everything these days,everything has it's own story.Good or bad doesn't matter,at least in some scenarios.

I took my phone out as my curiosity took the best of me,I clicked on the app where I read "STAGES OF DRINKING" and I started to type,slowly but surely spelling the word into the search bar.Depression.I clicked onto the first link I saw.Phone in hand,eyes locked on the screen,hands shaking.

UNDERSTANDING DEPRESSION

"Health is a state of complete physical,mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.Mental health is an integral part of this definition."

Around 450 million people are estimated to have some form of mental health disorder.

154 million people globally suffer from depression.

50 million people have epilepsy.

24 million people have Alzheimer or other dementias.

1 in 4 people will suffer from mental illness at some time in their life.

91 million people have alcohol use disorders.

25 million people have schizophrenia.

15 million people have drug use disorders.

Nearly 900,000 people commit suicide every year.

A BETTER LOOK AT SELF-HARM

Self-Harm is also called self-injury or self-mutilation,is defined as any intentional injury to one's own body.Usually,self-harm leaves marks or causes tissue damage.

The Numbers On Self-Harm:

SELF-HARM can begin as early as SEVEN years old.

But the age of onset is usually between the ages of 12 and 15 years.

It can be physical and emotional.

PHYSICAL DAMAGES:

Hairpulling:trichotillomania

Headbanging:againts walls or other objects.

Small,linear cuts:common cut locations are on the forearm,upper arm and legs.

Picking at skin or reopening wounds.

Poisoning:swallowing poisonous substances,such as bleach or other chemicals.

Bruising,burning,bonebreaking etc.

EMOTIONAL SYMPTOMS OF SELF-HARM:

Drastic Mood Changes:be aware of symptoms of depression or anxiety.

Abnormal out of control behavior:becoming excessively upset can trigger an urge to,as already mentioned,self-harm.

Excessive social isolation:struggles with developing interpersonal relationships.

Lack of confidence:poor self-esteem and self-image.

I pulled my knees to my body as I threw my phone on my bed,it quietly landed.I shut my eyes as my tears still found some breakage,some pathway to go down my cheeks.I quietly hummed a song to myself,hoping to calm my racing heart.

I opened my window and stared out into the night,leaning my body outside;just a little bit.

Over 900,000 people commit suicide every year.

---

"Funneh."Gold called out,"Wake up,breakfast is ready."

I groaned as I threw my pillow at her,"Five more minutes."

A giggle escaped her lips as she started pulling me out of bed,"You said that five minutes ago."

"I can't move,you'll have to drag me."I spoke like we were in a battlefield,a few steps away from shelter.But my shelter was far away from me,probably hating on me.

"Just get up."she smiled down at me.

"Fine,thanks for making breakfast."I mumbled as I hugged my pillow tightly until last night came flooding my memories with despair.

"You'll be fine,"I said to myself as I stood up from bed,"You will be fine as long as you don't show anyone you're hurting."

"It's not like they would care,right?"I whispered as I looked at myself in my mirror,"Right."

---

"I don't want any,"a mumble escaped my lips as I pushed the beer Prince gave me away from myself.

"What got into you?As much as I know,you drink the most."Luce said as he leaned onto his chair."Wait,pull up your sleeves."

I rolled my eyes as I did what he said,I rolled up my sleeves and showed him I did no kind of self-harm.No physicall self-harm,emotional self-harm is hard to lie about.

"How about we go to a nearby bar and we drink something else?"Prince suggested as I stood up with excitement.

"There she is!"Luce smiled,but I did not return the gesture."I'll wait until you smile."

I nodded as I pulled my sleeves down,happily walking between Prince and Luce to a nearby bar.

As we drank countless things,I was done for it.Left,right,up,down,blue and yellow made no more sense to me.Life felt so great,I felt so dizzy but free.I was flying,the wind in my hair as my grin never got off my face.

"Woah girl,you need to go home."Prince yelled over the music.

"Nah,I'm fine!Wohoo!"I yelled as I went to dance with random people.Checking out a specific guy.

[End of Chapter 22]

i don't know what to do with Alec and Evan,ughhhhh.

-love ya