Chapter 41 | One of two equal parts | Part 1

A/N: Please don't stop reading the chapter and book if your ship didn't happen, I worked really hard on it.I hope you enjoy and I hope you are happy with the outcome.

Thank you, Avianna.

[Funneh]

A full month has passed as the two names I haven't spoken of ran in circles, haunting me constantly, no matter where I went or what I did.Each letter spoke of something important that happened with them, something so beautiful and painful.Just like that beach day with Evan or that hilarious doughnut challenge with Alec, they all meant so much to me, but one had to come to an end.My heart was torn apart as I thought of leaving Alec, as I thought of leaving Evan.Heck, I thought of leaving them both and just becoming a cat lady, it's not that bad, right?Eh, I can't even lie to myself anymore.Today is the day, today is the day I am sure in my decision, where my heart belongs and where my happiness is waiting for a very long time.

They both deserve the best in life, but my gut is telling me to go with the one I wish is there when life is hard, the one I wish would just hug me and tell me that they will be by my side, that they will love and trust me for the true person I am.It has been long enough, years have passed and my heart was in his hands all this time.Even just the short glances I've stolen from afar, we're enough to make my heart hit itself off my ribcage.Just the way his hair is, the way his eyes shine when he gets excited, just him alone from his inside beauty is all that matters from me.And I know that he is the one who I will annoy every morning, the one who will hide the books I read just so he would get attention from me.He has every single bit of my heart beating to every word he says, and I don't mind because I know that it's the same in his eyes, in his mysterious mind.

The thing I have been afraid off is hurting the one I couldn't bring myself to love, maybe there was a spark at the beginning but it left us, the feeling of him being there is mutual, nothing causing any specific emotion to rise to my eyes or cheeks.No matter how hurt he is at the end of this day, I will do my best to make him smile, just like I try the same with Gold and Kyran.The happiness of the people I care for is what keeps passing my mind every morning, evening and night.I wonder how many nights did we all spend locked in our room, just talking about life and washing the problems and demons we face away.That's the magic of solitude, it can be deadly or lovely.Nothing in between.

"Funneh, get your butt down here!"Prince called from the living room, his voice evaporating in his light laughter.

Shaking my head with a smile on my lips I jumped out of bed, where I have been awake for at least three hours, thinking deeply and surely about my decision.Oddly, my palms started sweating as I paced up and down my room, my footsteps banging off my head.My door swung open as a happy and nervous Prince looked at me, oddly a soda in his hand instead of a usual beer.He's trying to quit, just like Luce and I, we just had enough of it, it didn't bring us delight anymore.Now instead of crashing parties, we stay home, turn the lights off and watch endless movies as we roast the actors.And throw popcorn at the television, I swear, we don't even get to eat it.Ah, poor Pennywise, we said so many hurtful things to him, which we don't regret.Heh, you'll float too!

"So today is the day, huh?" he spoke, taking a sip of the soda, looking at his face he wasn't pleased with the taste.I'll just go on and guess the soda was open for a while so the taste has evaporated, making the actual soda taste like actual metal for some reason.Or is that just me?

I smiled sadly and happily at the same time at him, "You're talking like I'm getting married,"

"Excuse me homie, we're talking about the person who will have to deal with you for the rest of their lives with you, I have to lift up the mood somehow!" he replied to my comment, my mouth slightly dropping open at his unbelievable honest words.