Chapter 43 | One of two equal parts | Part 3

[Funneh]

1 week later

"What about chocolate?"Gold asked as she was flipping pages to a book filled with wedding cakes.Don't get me wrong, I love food as much as the next person does but it's freaking 7:13 in the freaking morning, I can't think straight.With only an hour of sleep, the only thing I'm useful for is yawning and drinking coffee, not planning a wedding.

"Mhm, sounds great."I mumbled as my yawn muffled the words, my hand going around in the air just so Gold would think I'm paying attention, it's like I was writing the word "YES" in caps, in the air.

"Funneh, get yourself together woman!This is your wedding, aren't you excited?"Gold said, hitting me on the head with the hard covered book, and then putting it back on the table, opening it on the previous page.

Rubbing my head where she hit me I looked at her again, and then I yawned once more."Gold, I just want to sleep.I was awake the entire night trying to process what Evan did, and how he did it.Heck, it's been a week and I still can't believe it.Can I just sleep?For a few minutes at least,"I begged her as my phone started to ring, grabbing it I smiled at the callers' ID,"Speak of the devil."

Answering the phone I stood up as I waited to hear his voice, a smile happily spread on my lips.As I waited patiently I heard the sound of a female voice in the background, sounding too friendly to my liking.And then the sound of a door being locked and heels walking closer.I turned the speaker on so Gold could hear as well as I sat down next to her, my hand slightly shaking at what could happen.

"A man like you should be with me sweetie, your fiance is nothing compared to you." the female spoke in a tender voice.

"My fiance?How the hell do you even know I'm engaged?And why does she bother you, get off me."Evan's voice came right after, sounding offended and stubborn.

"Ah, ah, ah Evan sweetie.Word goes around in this building," the girl spoke again, her voice nagging me at every letter."Now, I saw you looking at my direction today very frequently, so I just came to give you what you want."

"Cassidy, get off me and please put your shirt back on.I don't want anything from you, and I wasn't glancing at you I was looking at the clock above you to check the time, which every normal person does."Evan said as his voice was beyond serious.

"Oh come on, I'm here, you're here.And there's obviously something between us." she said as I could hear her taking his jacket off.

"The only thing between us is my personal space, which you are invading if you didn't notice.Now get off me, I have to go home, my shift is over."Evan said as I could hear him pushing her away, making me smile as I heard the doors get opened and that Cassidy girl just screaming in the background.

I quickly hung up and I put my phone down on the table, my eyes staring into nowhere really.But after a few seconds I looked at Gold,"Alright, bridesmaid let's get to work!"

Gold smiled happily and excitedly as she put a book in my lap, filled with pictures of various wedding dresses."Nothing is puffy or glittery, don't worry.Now choose a dress and then we're off to shopping!"

---

"Funneh, the guy who's taking you away from us is here!"Prince yelled as I ran downstairs, laughing at the way how Prince calls Evan on a daily basis now.

"Prince, I will visit you every single day, I promise you that!"I said as I put my head on Evans' shoulder.

"You better." he said leaving Evan and me alone.

After a few seconds of silence I felt Evan kiss me on the lips, I mean, I don't mind, it's just sudden.And to make it even odder, he picked me up just to carry me upstairs and throw me on my bed.