chapter 12

"oh can you? you can explain? Okay then , explain !"

he sighed then took a big breath.

"When I left you in the parking lot Jacob called me saying he needed me to help him. I said to him that I had to stay with you, but he sounded desperate. I got into the school building and saw what was happening  with Amber and you but Jacob was calling for help down the phone.  So I ... I, I left you." he said looking down disappointed with himself , then carried on.

" I got to the abandoned warehouse that Jacob was at and found him at gun point, so I shot the man from a distance. Jacob went to collect money from the man by himself  and forgot his weapons in the car so he was defenceless. He called me when he realised what was going to happen before being put at gun point, he didn't want me to tell anyone because in the mafia carelessness and weakness is not taken lightly and what happened to me would have happened to him, but worse seeing as he  could have lost a lot of money for some very expensive drugs. So that is why I left you"

Everyone in the room was quiet trying to proses what Marco had just said. I'm sorry but I can't fully forgive him.

"I'm sorry Marco I just can't forgive you like that and its very humble of you that you'd take the blame for your brother, that's really honorable. I just can't except the fact that you said those things to me. Even if you had to stay 'undercover' you didn't have to say what you said to me. You came home and didn't seem bothered until I told you I walked home. What the hell did you expect me to do , fly? I didn't know anyone , I had no money , no phone and no you" I got up from the coach  and limped very slowly and very painfully upstairs as everyone watched me. 

When I got up stairs I crawled to my room because I couldn't stand on my legs any longer. As I opened my door I crawled in and looked at the time. It was 4:15 and I have school tomorrow. I can't afford to miss anymore days so I have to go. I closed the door behind me and I was met with darkness and Chlarisa's light breathing. 

I sat up against the door and went over everything that just happened,  they're a mafia ! I thought of what Marco said and the hurtful words , I thought of the kids in school, my father, my mother and myself, then a fat tear rolled down my eye and in a matter of seconds I was sobbing my eyes out. I pushed myself up against the door, cuddled my knees and cried myself to sleep.

brrrrrrrriiiinnngg

My alarm screeched in my ear, damn thing. I tried turning it off but it wouldn't shut up so I picked it up and threw it at the wall. Luckily it's Friday so I won't need it for tomorrow and on Monday I'll use my phone.  I got up from my spot on the floor cuddled up with  the door to see Chlarisa still asleep.  This girl could sleep threw a tornado.

I look at myself and cringe at the thing I see in front of me.  It looked disgusting, tired, fat , ugly and ready to give up on life and that thing is me. I really I am not in the mod today because of many reasons but they all seem to revolve around one thing. The morreli boys!

I did my morning routine, that I was so used to that I could do it half a sleep. After I got dressed in black sweatpants,  a random black sweatshirt that probably belonged to one of the boys, my trusty all black vans and I grabbed my backpack and made my way down stairs, and yes it's an all black day, it reflects my mood.

I walk into the kitchen to see all the boys sitting quietly around the dining table, eating their breakfast, I walked in and they all look at me , then back to their food.I grabbed my cereal and sat at the end of the very long table that could seat about 20 people. I finished up after everyone , washed up and found them in the hallway in a line all holding a different flower each, each one a different colour of the rainbow.