Chapter 17

It's the end of the day , Marco and I are on our way to meet Jay. At lunch today I asked her if she wanted to come over today and she obviously said yes.

"Hey girl!" Jay screamed , waving from the other side of the parking lot.

"Hey crazy chick" I said shaking my head , while approaching Jay.

" Hey Marco" Jay said to a slowly approaching Marco.

" Uh hi Jay " Marco responded sounding out of place.

"Okay so your going to follow Marco's car and I'll be in the car with you , just in case we get lost" I said and everyone nodded understanding what we were doing.

" I'll see you at home Marco" I said getting into Jay's car. I'd already filled Jay in on the living with the Morreli boys , however I haven't told her about the whole Mafia part.

As I got into Jays , she turned on her stereo and some music played out. I don't think I'd ever heard this song but I liked it.

I don't mind letting you down easy
But just give it time
If it don't hurt now then just wait, just wait a while

You're not the big fish in the pond no more
You are what they're feeding on

So what are you gonna do when the world don't orbit around you?

Ain't it fun living in the real world
Ain't it good being all alone

"Hey Jay what's this song called it's different , but I like it" I asked Jay as we drove down the road.

" Oh this is one of my favourite bands, it's Paramore 'Ain't it fun' " Jay said smiling and bobbing her head and dancing along to the music, whilst I just sat there wanting to join in with her but not being able.

" Why are you just sitting there, dance" Jay said dancing, but still driving. What a multi- tasker!

Shaking off every thought of embarrassment, I joined in with her.

20 mins of dancing , singing and laughing later we were pulling up to the house. Marco buzzed in and we drove in.

" Oh my purple lipstick is this where you live!" Jay screamed getting out of the car.

She got into the house and froze.

"Lani can I live here" Jay asked me amazed by everything.

I just shook my head remembering the first time I stepped into this house 5 months ago.

"Honey I'm home" I shouted then heard the footsteps I look forward to hearing whenever I get home.

I stood back waiting for them, Jay looked at me confused while Marco just stood smirking knowing exactly what was going to happen next, but something about his smirk told me there was something I didn't know.

" Apple dumpling your home" Gio screamed running down the stairs and I suddenly knew exactly what Marco was hiding.

Gio and Tello were both dressed up as girls and it was one of the funniest things I've seen in my life.

I couldn't help but burst out laughing , I turned to Jay to see her doubled over with Marco, laughing their heads off.

"What a great impression you've made on our guest" I said pulling myself together from my laughing fit and pointing to a now composed Jay, who was wiping away tears in her eyes.

I don't think the boys realised she was there because as soon as they saw her they started trying to pull off the clothes, but they ended up failing because their matching pink and purple skater dresses had zips on them and the red lip stains they'd used on their lips, eyelids ,eyebrows and cheeks just wouldn't budge.