Chapter 7!

[edited]

{I'm honestly so sorry I update at like, 1-4 am... oop 🤷🏼‍♀️}

I yawned as I opened my eyes up to see light shining through both of Tanner's windows. I see that everyone is still asleep and I check my phone. It's 6 am. Great. I close my eyes and drift off to sleep, still in Tanner's arms.

✻✻✻

I hear quiet cussing as I wake up and Tanner's arms are still around me. I smile as I see him still sleeping, but quickly notice that Quentin and Dylan were up.

"What the hell? I thought you were sleeping in the guest room." Quentin says.

"I-I was going to but then I fell asleep here..." I stuttered.

"Oh, alright. As long as Tanner didn't bang my sister, we're okay." Quentin sighs.

Tanner wakes up and let's go of me, rubbing his eyes, "Huh?"

"Nothing." I say quickly.

"I hope they weren't." Dylan jokes.

Quentin and Dylan walk out of the room to go find some food and whatnot.

"What happened?" Tanner asked, sitting up.

I sighed and stared at the ceiling.

"Oh, nothing." I sigh.

"Oh. What did Dylan mean?" Tanner asked, looking over to me.

"Um, well, you know my brother is a big goofball and he said as long as you didn't quote-on-quote, "bang my sister" everything would be fine." I chuckled.

"What?" Tanner laughs awkwardly.

"Yeah. Well... um, I'm gonna go find food." I say and get out of bed.

Tanner just sits there and doesn't respond as I walk out of the room. I sigh as I trek up the stairs and see him in the kitchen with Dylan.

I grab a toaster strudel that Dylan frosted and he frowned, stomping his foot on the ground like a 2 year old. I laughed and walked back downstairs to Tanner's room. I open it up and I see Tanner on his laptop, editing.

"Hey." I smile as I hop on his bed and open my water bottle.

"Hi." Tanner says, avoiding eye contact with me.

"What's wrong?" I ask, clearly seeing that something's up.

"Nothing." Tanner mutters.

"Tell me, now." I say harshly.

"Fine, it's just- I'm mad that Dylan asked you out." Tanner confessed.

I furrow my eyebrows, "How did you find out about that?"

"Well, Dylan was talking about it the other day." Tanner sighs and closes his laptop.

"Why are you mad about that?" I asked.

"I don't know, I kinda like you." Tanner avoided eye contact with me.

I blushed, "Oh-uh, you have a-a crush on me?"

"Well, yeah..." Tanner blushed as well.

I smile as Quentin and Dylan walk in.

"So, what's the plan today?" Quentin asks.

"Um, I don't know. IHop?" Tanner asks.

"Sure." Quentin and Dylan agree.

I get up and grab some clothes from my bag and walk into Tanner's bathroom. I quickly change as we all get headed to IHop.

We eat at IHop and it was delicious, as always. We all got the same as usual. We finished up and went back over to Tanner's house. We walk back into his room.

"What else can we do?" Quentin asks.

"Um, I don't know." Dylan sighs.

"I'm going to get water. Anyone else want some?" Dylan asks.

"Nah, I need to go home real quick. You know how mom is. Come home whenever, okay?" Quentin says to me.

"Okay." I nod as Quentin walks out and Dylan follow behind.

"Hey, Lia." Tanner says after Q and Dylan left.

"Yeah? What's up?" I asked, sitting on his bed.

"I need to ask you something..." He says uneasily.

"Ok... you can ask me anything." I smile as Tanner sits beside me.

"Okay, so, I don't know if you know, but I like you. Like, I like like you... a lot." Tanner blushes, taking ahold of my hand.

"Tanner-" I start.

"Shh. I want you to listen. Anyway, I've always had a crush on you ever since third grade. I've always wanted something to happen in between us. You've always been the girl I've wanted but could never have. I've been talking to Quentin and he said it would be fine if I were to date you.... if that would be okay with you." Tanner explains.

"Tanner, I- of course I would want to be your girlfriend!"