The Color Of Love. Chapter 5

Chapter 5

School today was boring and I was so glad when it finally ended. It was Friday, so Jake and I were not working on our project and I was still grounded and was bored out of my mind, but he shouldn't have to suffer along with me. So what do I do on this wonderful Friday night? I went to my room and turned on the TV and searched for something to watch. Law and Order? Nope. CSI: Miami? Nah. Degrassi? I don't think so. I scanned some more channels and I ended up settling on reruns of The Bad Girls Club. It was like my favorite show so I had already seen all of them. Into the third hour of Bad Girls Club the doorbell startled me. I went downstairs to answer it. I opened the door to see Jake. This was a surprise. I looked down towards his hands to see him carrying a box of pizza, soda and, some DVDs.

"What are you doing here?" I asked suspiciously

"Well I didn't want you to spend your Friday alone since you’re grounded and everything." Something was not right. "You’re my friend right, and I didn't want you to spend this nice Friday night alone, and you don't have to worry about your parents and their eyes because you can just say we were working on the project" I smiled

"Awwwwww Jake" I said wrapping my arms around him and giving him a hug "You are so sweet, now what's the catch?" he looked at me as if I was crazy. 

"Alyssa there is no catch" I stared at him with a look that said I wasn't giving up. 

"Okay well my mom wanted me to spend some quality time with our family that's coming down, and the only way I could get out of it was if I had to do something with school." 

"Its family, you should hang out with them." I stated. 

 "You don't know my family, their crazy and I just prefer not to be around them" I laughed 

"So how does your mom know you are really over here?" I asked 

"I don't know, I think she’s spying on me, but she told me she would know if I wasn't here, so I don't think I'm going to take any chances, plus I don't mind spending time with you, we have some good arguments." I rolled my eyes and moved away from the door so he could come in. 

He sat on the couch while I went and grabbed some cups and ice for the soda from the kitchen and then I joined him on the couch in the living room. He sat the pizza on the coffee table and poured the drinks while I looked through the movies. A Haunting in Connecticut, My Bloody Valentine, and Avatar. Was this really the best he could do, but I hadn't seen Avatar and I had heard good reviews on it.

"Let's watch Avatar" I said excited. I went and put the movie in the DVD player. I took a slice of pizza and relaxed.

Avatar was pretty long, way longer than I had expected it to be. I had almost fallen asleep, but it was a really good movie. I loved it. I got up and grabbed the cups we were using and headed for the kitchen. Jake followed suit and grabbed the pizza box. We had eaten the whole pizza by ourselves. Jake had eaten most of it though. I put the cups in the sink and took the pizza box from Jake and threw it away. I leaned against the counter.

"So what movie should we watch next?" I asked

"Your pick" Jake replied, he looked a little lost, like he was in deep thought.

"Are you okay?" I asked

"Yea" he replied leaning on the counter next to me "What do you want to watch" He asked I turned to look at him.

"Umm let's watch one of the scary movies maybe-----" Josh interrupted what I was about to say to him with a kiss, a freaking kiss. It was quick it was simple, but it left me stunned. I said nothing; no words would come out my mouth. What could I say? He had just kissed me. Jake had just kissed me and it came from out of nowhere. Never in a million years had I thought I would be in this situation right now. I was hoping he would say something, anything as I stood there, still shocked but he didn't. He was shocked, too shocked by his own actions.