The Color Of Love. Chapter 23

Chapter 23

THREE YEARS LATER

I looked out my window at the scenery. God, it had been years since I had been out here. I was going home to visit my parent and it had been a little over three years since the last time I was in Deatsville, Alabama. I thought about the last time I was here which made a smile light my face. It was all because of Jake. I hadn't thought about him in a while but I guess being back here brings up a lot of memories. I was spending two weeks with my parents while I was off on break from school. They had always come to visit me but I never had come to visit them, until now that is. Passing my old school I thought of the memories of all the fun times me and Lyci had. We were the perfect duo and were inseparable once. I'm going to see her at her new place, and I can't wait! I thought about how Jake and I had first met and how he told everyone about us. It definitely wasn’t a pretty scene.  I turned on my street, drove a few feet, and then turned into my driveway. As soon as I got out of the car, I saw my mom come running out the house so she could pull me into a warm embrace.  

"Alyssa hunnie, I've missed you so much. I'm so glad you're here," she said. 

"I've missed you too mom," I replied pulling out of the embrace. "Where's Dad?" 

"Oh, he had to go on a business trip but he said he would be back as soon as possible to see you," she replied. 

"Oh" was all I responded with. 

"Come on, let's get your things so you can get settled in." I popped my trunk, grabbed three of the bags and let mom carry the last one. We walked upstairs to my old room.  

"I'm going to let you get settled in," she said putting the bag down and heading back downstairs. I scanned the room. Nothing had changed, it was just as I left it so many years ago. It was crazy that I had not been home since the beginning of college, but the town of Deatsville had turned me off with their judgmental ways and I just did not want to be here.

 I put the bag down and flopped on my bed. So many memories rushed through my head, mainly ones of me and Jake. This is where we shared our first time; my first time. I laughed. I was so nervous. It had been a little less than three years since the last time I saw Jake and the night at that party wasn't the last. I replayed the events in my head.  

I unlocked my dorm and walked inside. Karen had somebody over because moans were coming from her room. That girl never quit. I walked into my room, took off my clothes and changed into some sweats and a t-shirt. I went into the kitchen and looked in the cabinets for something to eat. I heard Karen's door open.  

"Come on, you should join me in a shower," Karen insisted. 

"Nah, I've already overstayed and I wouldn't want Alyssa to come over while I'm here," he said. I knew that voice all too well: Jake. What the hell was he doing with Karen? I walked out the kitchen and in the hallway that connected to her room. I saw Jake pull his shirt over his head. Jake had had sex with my roommate and my roommate had had sex with him. What the hell were they thinking? I was mad. I was pissed. I was furious!  

"It's too late, I'm already here," I shouted. "What the fuck are you two doing?" I yelled. Neither one of them said anything. I chuckled but it was an angry chuckle. "So I guess I'm talking to myself," I said.