Keeping Our Love Chapter 9

I watched Jake as he slept peacefully. I had been staying with him for a little over a month now and I was so glad that I had made the decision to give up my lease and come in live with him. We had our petty arguments every now and then, but we always seemed to make up that same day. It was like we couldn't be mad at one another for too long. We couldn't even be separated for an extended period of time. I brushed my fingers across his jaw. The covers had pulled away from him causing most of his naked body to be exposed. I brushed my fingers over his back and shoulders. He stirred but didn't awake. I chuckled and began to place kisses on his shoulders and his back.

"I've told you on more than one occasion that you can't keep waking me up like that, especially when I have to go to work" He said. I chuckled and continued to place kissed on his body.

"Alyssa" he said turning over and looking up at me.

"Hmm" I murmured as I kept going, the only difference was that I was now placing kisses along his chest.

"God you are going to cause me to go insane. You're are going to make me lose my job, which means I lose my house and my car and then I have to go and live with Trish also known as Mom" He blurted. I laughed.

"I'm serious" he stated as he pushed me away from him.

"You know I would love to continue this, but I have to go to work" he stated.

"You're off today" I mumbled against his chest.

"Ha I wish" He stated as he rose from the bed and walked across the room to the bathroom exposing all of his naked body. I heard the sound of water shooting from the shower hedge. I sighed and leaned my head back against the pillow and rested my eyes.

I heard Jake emerge from the bathroom and I opened my eyes as he begun to get dress. I sat up wrapping the sheets around me.

"What time will you be home" I asked him.

"I don't know. I should be back before four though. Don't forget Claire and Chris are coming over and you are supposed to be cooking" I groaned and crawled under the covers he laughed at me.

It was really weird how Claire and Chris now seemed as if they were married. Chris was in love with Claire, not that he would admit it, but he was. I don't know if it was because the baby, but he had fallen for her in the last few weeks. I know it seemed quick but he had known her for awhile, it just needed to click inside his head. Now they were just like a married couple welcoming an addition to the family. They were planning on buying a house together. They went shopping for baby items, they went on dates, and Chris even went with her to her OB/GYN appointments. I knew he would come around soon. It was only a matter of time.

Jake came over and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"I'll see you later okay?"He said.

"Okay" I muttered.

"I love you" He said as he began distancing himself away from me.

"I love you" I said.

"See ya" He called right before I heard a door closing. I sighed knowing that tonight we would end up having a fight. It seemed like every time Chris and Claire came over there was an argument between us about the me having his kids bullshit. To be honest it was getting kind of old and I was getting tired of it. The only reason I actually entertained the arguments was because of the make-up sex afterwards.

I reluctantly got out of bed deciding on taking a shower, then I would head out to the store to buy things for dinner tonight. I had already decided on making shrimp pasta with breadsticks and salad. That was the easiest thing you could make. A form of pasta, salad and bread sticks. You could never go wrong.