The Race For Love. Chapter 9

New Chappie

vote/comment/like/tweet/ fan if you havent already

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I woke up the next morning and I was alone in Jake's bed. I looked at the clock on his cable box. It was almost eleven. I rose up from the bed and walked through the house. I spotted Jake in the kitchen with his head in the fridge. I walked closer to him silently trying not to make any noise. When I was right behind him I shouted.

"Jake!" I yelled while hitting his body. He jumped causing his head to hit the fridge. I died laughing at the look on his face and him holding his head.

"Oh so you think that's funny?" he said with a serious look on his face. I tried to hide my laughter and put my hands over my mouth but I couldn't help it. My laughing started back up again.

"Jake I'm sorry but you got to admit it was pretty funny." I said still stifling my laugh.

"Just wait till it's your turn." He said stepping closer to me and I noticed that something was off.

"Jake... where's your tongue ring?" I asked him.

"Are you just now noticing that?" he asked. I nodded my head in response. "I took it out and it closed up" He replied.

"Why did you take it out?" I replied with a question.

"The ex-wife didn't really care for it to much so I got rid of it." he said.

"Oh," I replied.

"Do you miss it?" he asked with a smirk on his face.

"A little bit." I replied honestly.

"That's too bad" he said giving me a smile. "You should probably go get dressed and stuff we have company coming over." he added.

"Who?" I asked curiously.

"You'll see." he stated.

"Why can't you just tell me?" I asked him.

"Because I don't want to." he replied. I sighed and went into his room. I grabbed some things from my bag and headed into the shower.

I sat on the couch waiting for whoever the company was. I was almost positive it was somebody I didn't know and that Jake was trying to introduce me to new people. I sighed and rested my head against the back of the couch and then the doorbell rang. I stood up from the couch but didn't move to go see who it was.

Jake"s POV

I went to the door and answered it.

"Hey man," I said opening the door wide enough for him to come in.

"So you finally got her." he said not bothering to say hey back.

"Yea just to stay with me for awhile though, she's not giving in to nothing else." I stated. I walked into the living room where Alyssa was and he followed. I saw Alyssa eyes widen once she realized who the company was.

"Chris" she yelled running into his arms. I felt a pang of jealousy and an aching feeling in my heart. I wish she would run to me like that. I missed the feeling of my hands around her waist while hers were around my neck. I wondered if she had feelings for Chris. I knew that Chris had feelings for her somewhat but he would never admit to it because he knew how much I cared for her. I though back to yesterday at Lookout Mountain. Our faces were so close. Our lips were centimeters away from touching. I remembered how my heart had sped up at that exact moment and how crushed it was when she looked away.

"How you been girl?" Chris said as he departed from the hug.

"Good and you?" she replied

"Great!" he said, I laughed.