The Color Of Love. Chapter 18

Chapter 18

I walked into my first class feeling nervous yet anxious. I had never been in a college class before and I was just excited to be here. The two weeks that we had gotten before classes started had gone by so fast, which was probably because I spent the majority of it with Jake. I wasn't so happy about this class being at eight-thirty in the morning and especially on a Monday. I knew in the weeks to come it was going to turn into torture. Jake had asked me why I had even chosen the class and I told him, "because it was recommended."

I got out my notebook and pencil trying to be the prepared great student that I was. Looking around the class, I saw only a few students here. Some were associating with others while others were looking lost and looking around like me. This was my Laws of the World class and I expected it to be interesting since I was studying to become an attorney at law and it would be fun to study the different laws that different regions occupied. I dug in my backpack for my phone trying to check the time.

"Hey," a guy said flopping down next to me. I turned to look at him. It was the same guy who recommended that class to me at sign-ups. I smiled and said "hey, so... you're in this class too?"

"Yup," he replied.

"So let me guess, you are also in the class Perspectives of a Lawyer." He smiled his winning smile.

"You got me. I'm Sean" he introduced while holding out his hand. I shook it.

"Alyssa." I said as I shook his hand.

"Well it's a pleasure meeting you Alyssa, hopefully we'll become good friends," He said right before the professor entered the room. I smiled and averted my gaze to the professor to pay attention.

"How do you like your new classes," Jake asked me.

"They're great," I replied as Jake and I walked someplace to eat at his campus. "What about yours?"

"They're alright, but hey its school, you know I'm not going to enjoy it," he stated. “ I just like the college life.” He added.

"Yea you--"

"Hey Jake, there's a party tonight, are you going to be there?" A girl with long brown hair and tan skin interrupted.

"Maybe," he replied. The girl was really pretty, especially with her sparkling teal eyes. I wonder if they were contacts but either way they were beautiful.

"I'd love it if you could make it," She said grabbing his hand. What the hell? I was ten seconds away from going off on the both of them.

"We'll see," he said.

"Okay, if not, you know where to find me at any other time," she stated before walking off.

"What?" I questioned raising my voice.

"Alyssa it's nothing," Jake said.