The Color Of Love. Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Pow. Pow. I woke up. What the hell was that? Was I dreaming? Pow. Another noise came. It was coming from my window. I got out of my bed almost falling from getting up to fast. I lifted up my blinds. I looked out the window. My vision was still blurred from just waking up I rubbed my eyes again and stared at the figure. It looked liked Lyci, but it couldn't be her.

"Lyci?" I asked after lifting up my window. What in the world was she doing here?

"Alyssa are your parents' home" she asked

"No, what are you doing here?" I asked confused why she was outside my windows. I mean she told me that we weren't friends anymore. I wouldn’t be showing up at someone’s house whom I wasn’t friends with.

"Can I come in, can you open the door for me?" She asked. I thought about it. This was the same friend that betrayed me; the one who stopped being my friend all because I was dating a white guy. She had left me when I needed her the most. I needed a friend in my life while dealing with all the judgmental people who talked about Jake and I’s relationship negatively.

"Yea sure, meet me out front". I said  giving in. She was once my best friend and she had came over late. Something had to be wrong. I wouldn’t abandon her like she had done me because I knew how it felt and how hurt I was. I wasn’t that heartless to do it to someone else.

I closed my window and then slowly made my way downstairs and opened the door. Lyci stepped inside and I closed the door after her.

"Listen Alyssa before you say anything. I'm so sorry. You're my best friend and I just left you like that. You don't know how bad I feel. I should have never let something as petty you dating Jake get in the way of our friendship."

"So you came over here to apologize?" I asked suspiciously.

“Alyssa I need someone to talk to and you’re the only one I know to turn to and I need you so much right now." she blurted out.

"Lyci are you kidding me, you befriended me because of a guy I'm dating. We been friends for years and you let something stupid get in between us. And you stop talking me at the time when I needed you most. I had no one to turn to except Jake which let me remind you still had his best friend." I was mad, angry, pissed, upset, but most of all I was hurt. I just needed to her to know how much her actions had affected me.

"Alyssa I know and I'm so sorry. I let people get to me. My mom told me that I didn't need to hang with you and Marco said that it would be best if me and you weren't friends anymore. I know these aren't excuses because I shouldn't have listen to them because you were my best friend. I should have chosen you over them." She concluded. I didn't know what to say. Should I just forgive her like that or should I forget everything about not being heartless and throw her out? I mean we were best friends and we had been through a lot and it just didn't make sense to throw all those years away.

"It's okay Lyci don't worry about it." I told her. She looked up at me with a confused expression.

"You forgive me?" She asked

"What.............. What are best friends for" I said hesitantly

"Oh my god, Alyssa you're my favorite girl no homo" I laughed. She said pulling me into a hug.

"So what's the real reason you came over here in the middle of the night waking me up?" I asked her knowing that there was something else.

“My mom kicked me out and Marco's not talking to me" She said

"What why?" I asked

"Alyssa.... I'm pregnant" She said. I was definitely not expecting that to come out of her mouth. I was shocked for a moment and then I thought about it. Why was Marco not talking to her?