Keeping Our Love Chapter 18 (Completed)

• Dedicated to All My Alyssa and Jake Followers

vote/comment/tweet/like

 I stood in front of the full length mirror.  My eyes scanned my entire body. My stomach felt like it was about to burst. From the balls in my stomach that were fill with anxiety, nervousness, and anticipation. I inhaled a deep breath and then exhaled. Why in the hell was I so nervous?

I stared back at my reflection. The long strapless white dress hugged my body until it reached my hips which is where it flared out loosely to the ground.  My hair hung down my shoulders in spiraling curls wihich clung to my neck. I sighed again and pulled the dress up a little with my hands. It would be time soon. Pretty soon I would be walking down the aisle to marry the guy I was head over heels for. Damn, was this really happening? It just seemed as if me and Jake were still in high school in my bedroom making out or something. A smile spread across my face. I was about to get married to Jake and become Alyssa Williams.  I heard the door creak open and I turned to see who was entering.

"Alyssa! You look so beautiful and you are glowing. You didn't look like this when you married Trevon." She stated.

"Thanks mom" I replied awkwardly at the mention of Trevon's name. I scanned my appearance in the mirror one more time before turning my full attention towards her.

"This is going to be really beautiful" she said. "Are you ready?"She asked.

"I guess so," I answered.

"Good because everything is ready and you will have a straight shot to the beach." She said. I nodded my head at her in understandment.

I was getting ready in a hotel and I was going to walk from the back of the hotel onto the beach. We had decided to have our wedding in the gulf. Jake somehow was able to get part of the beach blocked off and he had reserved the hotel for us to have our reception. Everything seemed to be perfect.

My mom grabbed my hand and pulled me out the door looking down the hall first before bringing me into view. We walked down a corridor and down some steps and through a lobby.

I heard music coming from the outside. We walked to the door and just stood there and before I knew it my mom was pushing me out and telling me to go saying that I had missed my cue. I stumbled out of the door towards the walkway, trying to hide the emotions on my face. I walked through a gate and then my stomach dropped. It seemed as if there were hundreds of people here. Where in the hell did all these people come from? How were they all able to make plans to come down here?

My feet slipped into the warm sand as I walked off the walkway. I was a nervous wreck. So many people's eyes were focused on me. I tried to ignore them and I looked straight ahead and I saw Jake. He had a smirk playing across his face and he looked so handsome. Gosh, if all these people weren't here I would......Okay let's not think about that right now.

I ignored my thoughts and kept walking, focusing on the wedding. Chris stood to the right side of Jake with a black suit on and Claire occupied his left side with a lavender halter top dress that I picked out. You could visibly see her stomach under her dress which seemed to grow more and more each and every day.

I continued to walk almost reaching the spot next to Jake where I was supposed to be. The slight cool breeze from the ocean caused my hair to blow and bounce.

I finally reached Jake and he took my hand and we walked the rest of the way to where the pastor was standing.