Chapter 3 - Mother Knows Best

Karen's P.O.V:

There was a reason why I wanted y/n to tutor Aaliyah but not because she was a great student, it was more the fact that she got on perfectly in our household. These last few years have been hard for Shawn when it comes to relationships since girls are all over him 24/7 and as his mother I know he's not comfortable with it.

Through his fame, he's been linked up with Camila who's his close friend ever since they met on the Austin Mahone tour. But recently he's been connected to a rumoured relationship with Hailey Baldwin who was at Kendall Jenner's party that Shawn was at a few days ago. Since these links and after his break up with Lauren, Shawn's stayed away from relationships it's almost like he's scared to get hurt by someone. But the press doesn't help the situation at all with all their lies.

I had high hopes that she'd be the girl Shawn falls for but I couldn't let them meet so soon since I could tell that she was shy and quiet. Whereas my boy was outgoing and I thought he might scare her away. Little did I know that tonight y/n and Shawn had a cute connection especially when he helped her up of off the floor. I and Manny raised a true gentleman. Obviously, I wouldn't want to ruin a special moment like this but they way they looked at each other was the same way I looked at Shawn's father when we first met all them years ago. Their mannerisms were a little awkward which made the situation even more adorable but none of us said a single word.

In my head, I was smiling at the thought of my handsome prince falling in love with such a special girl. Over the past few months, I've gotten to know y/n so much better, she's practically family now anyway. I swear y/n spends more time at my house than her own not that I have a problem with that though, I love the bond her and Aaliyah have it's one of a kind.

Hopefully, she'll spend even more time around here if things work out between her and Shawn, a mother can see things that other people can't. They might not know it right now but I have a strong feeling that some relationship is about to blossom. There's definitely chemistry between them since y/n never stays for food but tonight something was different, she actually agreed to stay round ours! Maybe it was because of Shawn.

As Aaliyah and y/n run upstairs, I look at Shawn to see his eyes following y/n. That boy certainly has a crush on the girl or at least gives his attention to y/n. Inside I feel happiness explode, as much as he's famous and I expect him to get with a fellow celebrity. I still had that faith that he wouldn't fall for someone in the celeb world as I reckon that a local girl who's out of the limelight would keep him grounded a lot better than what I can.

Though as much as I want a relationship between the two of them, I must remember that y/n is very sisterly to Aaliyah and I doubt that she would accept the two of them. Aaliyah would just love to have something that Shawn doesn't for once and I really hope no conflict occurs between the girls, even though Shawn to y/n is practically like her best friends brother and I don't really understand how that either breaks the girl code or damages the best friend status.