Chapter 32 - Amsterdam

A/N: To start with I am a terrible person for neglecting this story although I've had so much going on lately. However, your girl here is still passing her first year of university even though there's been so much personal drama but from here on I will go back to my normal updating schedule. If I overlap in these upcoming chapters it is largely due to the fact of me trying to get back into writing.

Y/n's P.O.V

Lately I have little knowledge about what is going on between me and Shawn in my head I would love to say I have a future with him but right now I'm unsure if it's the right time to get into a relationship because both of us have crazy schedules and the relationship would be under large amounts of strain due to our commitments.

Shawn was acting very strange lately and secretive, like at this time of the year I should be the one who's secretive not him. The other day I received a series of messages from him out of the blue like I thought we cut off communication or at least gave each other space. I didn't expect him to pop back into my life so soon but here we are.

Shawn: What are you doing 8th August? x

Me: Nothing at the moment, might be filming why? x

Shawn: Would you come to Amsterdam with me? x

Me: I don't have the money to afford a plane ticket though x

Shawn: Who says you're paying for it? I want you there with me so I'm going to fly you x

Me: You can't pay for everything, I do make money to I mean it's not a lot but it's still something for me to split the cost x

Shawn: Look you in or not? I'm not going to argue about money with you again x

Me: Yeah I'm in as long as it's only a day x

Shawn: No promises hun x

I swear to go he better not be doing some massive social gathering in Amsterdam because I don't mix well with his music people, they are all so outgoing whereas I prefer to sit with a drink and keep out of trouble. One time Shawn told me about a party where Andrew drank so many tequila shots that he fell into a swimming pool whilst he was dancing but when Andrew woke up the next morning he had no recollection of it occurring, just that his denim jacket was still soaking wet.

 One time Shawn told me about a party where Andrew drank so many tequila shots that he fell into a swimming pool whilst he was dancing but when Andrew woke up the next morning he had no recollection of it occurring, just that his denim jacket was ...

Opening my wardrobe, I pull out my largest suitcase because I can't rely on this boy planning a simple city break away I have to be prepared for the unexpected.

*If they are not your initials just imagine your initials are on there*

Firstly, I should plan and airport look even though I am only going to be on the plane for 1hr 15mins the whole airport thing is an experience in itself plus now I have a small fanbase of my own I need to look decent enough for if I bump into a fa...

Firstly, I should plan and airport look even though I am only going to be on the plane for 1hr 15mins the whole airport thing is an experience in itself plus now I have a small fanbase of my own I need to look decent enough for if I bump into a fan or even a group of fans. The first item in my wardrobe which catches my eye is my oversized black denim jacket which I've had for years, it's gradually become my signature piece of clothing.

Now, what am I actually going to take for this mini holiday, judging by the weather forecast I'm seeing warm days around 22 degrees with little rain predicted so I reckon it'll be all shorts maybe one dress

Shawn's P.O.V

When does this plane land?

I feel like I've been waiting in this land rover for ages and I can't call her because of it being on aeroplane mode. I can't even wait in the airport cause I will get surrounded by fans and I want this to be low key so she doesn't get nervous.

Looking at my phone doesn't speed up time, but I have no clue either what time her plane left so I'm stuck in a waiting game but at least I know that she is flying out here, hopefully, her plane isn't delayed.

Although, I can't be inside the arrivals area I've sent in Andrew to meet her or at least give me the heads up when she lands so I can quickly race to her with little commotion and get her back to the hotel where we all are.

The longer I spend waiting at the airport the higher the chances a fan will notice me sitting in the car, looking through social media I see plenty of airport photos of y/n with her suitcase waiting around in the terminal. She looks adorable wearing her white summer dress and she has matched it perfectly with my favourite denim jacket of hers, the fact that it's oversize makes her look cuter.

Whilst we are away over here, I need to tell her how I feel and just give in to all my emotions and how she feels my world with colour. I can't wait to see that smile in real life again and I'd do anything to hear her laugh just like the old times.

Out of everyone who is flying out to Amsterdam, y/n is the only one who is actually important this breakaway is my chance to put a label on us and clear up all the mixed signals. Of course, I'm happy my close mates are here but I just want to focus on her, hopefully, I can pull her to the side for just a moment.

*Phone Buzzes*

Andrew: Y/n's plane has just touched down

Shawn: I get them to move the car around then and meet you in the pickup bay

Andrew: See you in a min

I ask the driver to move the car from the car park towards the pickup bay, I wipe my hands on my jeans as I feel my palms begin to feel sweaty. Just breathe Shawn. Within a moment I see y/n walk out of the terminal doors wheeling her suitcase alongside Andrew who holding a coffee. She looks beautiful in the sunlight with her sunglasses on and that amazing smile, I lean over in the back and open the door for her to get in.

"Afternoon Shawn" She says with a small smile as she puts on her seatbelt whilst Andrew puts her suitcase in the boot.