Chapter 28 - One Kiss

Y/n's P.O.V

"I don't know what it's like to be you, I don't know what it's like" Me and Shawn sing the last line together. Our first joint cover was finally finished as Shawn plays the final note on his guitar. Now onto the boring process of editing the clip and adding an outro.

Just as I get up off the bed to turn of the camera Shawn grabs my wrist and pulls me back down.

Locking me into a tight hug and placing a kiss on my cheek, taking a quick photo. We stay like this for a few moments before I manage to break away and turn off the camera and lights.

Shawn puts his guitar down on the floor as he leans back into my bed when I grab my laptop uploading the clip adding links and viewing the footage. He rests his head on my shoulder which is kinda distracting and heavy on my shoulder.

"Can I help you mendes?" I ask moving my shoulder so his head falls.

"Can I kiss you or not?" Shawn replies with a light laugh.

"Really? Your own lyrics is this how you chat up girls I can see why you're unlucky in relationships" I laugh nudging him.

"Seriously though can I kiss you?" Shawn asks again tucking a piece of my hair behind ear.

I didn't even have a chance to answer his question when I feel his lips against mine, this kiss was sweet and gentle almost like how he's scared of how I would react

I didn't even have a chance to answer his question when I feel his lips against mine, this kiss was sweet and gentle almost like how he's scared of how I would react. It takes me a second to process what is happening but I still kiss him back because it's a fine that I've been wanting to do ever since I met him back in his house.

Slowly we pull away and he allows me to escape his grip so I can finally start working on editing our video. But as I'm working he keeps an arm wrapped around my waist. Everything about what just happened seems so cool and the fact that Shawn is already playing on his phone shows signs of naturalness.

During certain points of the video Shawn is clearly looking at me with heart eyes but I don't want to remove these moments from the video even though I know that it'll blow up Twitter and I'm certain that Shawn wouldn't mind that he's just revealed his crush on me.

Shawn's P.O.V

I DONE IT!

At last I built up enough courage to kiss y/n but now I must not over think things and complicate the situation. Yet again we're not official so it was just one kiss however that's all it takes, I just need to act cool and natural.

Clearly things can be awkward now but it hopefully shouldn't be like that between us. We're both cool people so everything will be fine. Maybe if I just post that one photo of me and her onto my Instagram and test the waters to how people react.

But why should I care what people say or think? I'm never going to meet them so as long as I'm happy and I know she's the one I will post what I want to and once she's mine I'll be able to show her off to the world.

Everywhere I go y/n will be with me all the time and right by my side through thick and thin.

"You seem nervous, are you okay?" Y/n asks snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, I'm fine just thinking about you and what this makes us" I reply with a smile.

"Well what about us?" Y/n asks placing a light kiss on my cheek.

"I need you in my life all the time" I say placing my lips back on hers.

"Well you know what Dua says, One kiss is all it takes Fallin' in love with me" Y/n laughs as I pull her on top of me.