Chapter 23

play song now

---------Jenna's POV-----

I wake up to the feeling of the cab coming to a stop. I stay motionless, I don't want to move. My body hurts from my aggressive sobs and uncomfortable airline seats. I hear Oli mumble a few words before opening the door. He unclicks my seat belt, and very carefully carries me out of the cab, up the steps of his apartment, and into one of the bedrooms.

I'm set on a soft down-feather, immediately recognizing it as Oli's, by the distinct smell and mattress. It may have months, almost a year, since I have lived here, but I could never forget. He swiftly kisses my forehead and leaves the room. I slowly open my eyes.

A small trace of light comes from the window, lighting up the room. Nothing has changed. The west wall: letters from fans stapled carefully to the wall, taking up the entire space. Trinkets and bracelets litter the selves on the wall. The dresser and TV pressed against the front wall, next to the door. His small closet on the east side of the room. Same bed set, same drapes, same everything. 

I take a few minutes, letting my mind settle, and letting the familiarity wash over me. The feeling of being home, very welcoming.

I sit up, and slowly stand, making my way to the door. I slide off my shoes and leave outside his door, in the hall way. I walk down the hall, looking for a sign of Oli.

-----------Oli's POV----------

After I set Jenna in my room, I went and set her bags in her room. Mine currently stand their place by the front door. I plop myself down on the couch, unsure of what I should do. I don't want to wake Jenna up, but at the same time I don't want to leave her in her day clothes, and without covers to keep her warm. I turn on the TV, setting the volume to a soft hum. I turn on a rerun of Chatty Man. 

I hear a soft pitter-patter of feet coming down the hall. A small pair of arms slowly slide down my chest, Jenna resting her head on my shoulder, her arms linked with one another. 

"Can I join you?" Jenna asks, sighing.

"Of course you can, love." She lets go of me, and comes and joins me on the couch. I put my arm around her, and pull her closer to me, as she throws the blanket resting on the back of the couch onto us. 

"Can things go back to the way they were? You know, you do the laundry and I'll clean the rest of the apartment. Us, taking turns cooking?" Looking at me with hopeful eyes, she smiles. I can tell she's tired.

"I wouldn't have it any other way. Now I have a question." She looks at me confused, but I continue on, "Let's go to bed, I'll be in there in a minute to say goodnight." 

"Ok." She stands up, taking the blanket with her, and heads to the back of the house. 

I give her a few minutes before heading back. I go into the small bathroom, brushing my teeth and hair once before heading to see where she has decided to sleep. I open the door to her room, only to find it empty. Guess I have a cuddle buddy tonight. 

I knock on the door to my room softly. "Come in." I open the door and see Jenna standing there, in nothing but her under garments and one of my shirts, her hair up, no make up. "What are you looking at?" I shake my head, embarrassed she caught me.

"Your beauty." I strip down into nothing but  my boxers, slipping on a pair of pajama pants. I turn off the lamp on my way to the bed. I climb in beside Jenna. She automatically cuddles into me. I wrap my arms around her. Her leg on top of mine, her head resting on my chest. I kiss the top of her head. "I love you." I mumble into her hair. I hear mumble an 'I love you too."

'More than you will ever know,' I think to myself, beginning to hum Sleepwalking to her.

------A/N---

I KNOW THAT THIS IS EXTREMELY SHORT AND I APOLOGIZE GREATLY.

I HAVEN'T HAD WIFI FOR MONTHS.

A LOT HAS BEEN GOING ON BETWEEN MY MENTAL DISORDERS, SCHOOL, HOME LIFE, AND IM MOVING IN WITH MY DAD SO ALOT OF STRESS HAS BEEN GOING ON. THANK YOU FOR BEING PATIENT AND UNDERSTANDING!

PLEASE NOTE THAT I LOVE YOU ALL MORE THAN YOU WILL EVER KNOW! 

IF YOU EVER NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO PLEASE FEEL FREE TO MESSAGE ME

Kik: @makayla_therese

I LOVE YOU ALL AND YOU ARE ALL WORTH IT

---mak

instagram(blog): @those_bands_man

instagram(personal): @ptvmakayla

twitter: @Mak_Quinn

thank you lovelys xoxo