The Chapter that eight chicken nuggets

S  A  M

Colby went to his room and I stayed on the couch. I think I did so much thinking in the past five minutes that I need to stop thinking for a while. I exited netflix and turned on Rocket League. The second it turned on Corey walked in and sat down.

He must have some weird notification on his phone fore every time someone plays that game. He's totally obsessed. 

"Hey can I play?" He asked.

"Yeah sure..." I paused. "Sorry about earlier."

He shrugged and picked up a controller. "It's all good."

We played for a while, and Corey kicked my behind. He won by so many points! It's not even fair to play with him. He spends way too much time on this game. 

"It's not fair, you play more often," I whined.

"Then maybe you should just play more." He smiled, looking smug.

I sighed. "Sorry dude, I'm gonna go upstairs instead."

"Alright." His smile widened as he said with a wink, "Tell Colby I said hi."

He laughed a little under his breath at his innuendo and I punched him in the shoulder. I shook my head at him and walked upstairs. Corey is always so nice. He doesn't seem to even care. I walked into my room and shut the door, opening my Mac. I finished editing my video within an hour and uploaded it before checking on Colby.

"Hey... You in there?" I said, knocking on his door. No reply. I pushed to door open slightly to see that Colby wasn't inside. I walked in and sat at his desk, looking at what was on it. Not much; a water bottle, a pen, some sticky notes (idk why he needed more, they were already everywhere on his walls), his Mac, some Tylenol, and another bottle of juice or something. 

Colby must have left. I got up to look around his room.

I wonder if he has a diary. I'm not one to snoop, but I was curious, and curiosity always kills the cat. I looked under his pillow and then opened his nightstand drawer. Not much in there either; Colby kept his room pretty clean. I pulled out a notebook (of video ideas), some pens, a pencil, a fidget spinner and a tube of -oh! 

I quickly dropped the bottle back into the drawer and wiped my hands on my shirt. I put everything back and left, deciding it really wasn't necessary for me to snoop around for a journal. I walked downstairs just as Colby walked in the door. I said "hey" and went to hug him as usual and he backed away just a little awkwardly. I stopped. He hesitated a second, then he pulled me in for a hug. 

"Sorry," he said, looking emberassed. 

"It's fine. Where'd you go? I noticed you weren't home," I said, trying to act casual. 

"I just went to Brennan's." He walked to the kitchen and I followed him.

"Oh ok." I grabbed some bread, peanut butter, jelly, and a butter knife. I spread some peanut butter on the bread. "Want one?"

"Nah, that's okay. Brennan and I went to tender greens."

"Oh.. Okay." I quickly finished making the sandwich and went back upstairs. 

So what if Colby hung out with Brennan and had lunch? That's a normal thing that friends do. It's not like Colby and Brennan are dating or anything. Colby's already taken.

No, no, we're not dating yet! I chided myself. Yet

No, Sam! What did we agree on yesterday? It's not going to happen. 

But it could.

But it wont.

I put my foot down on that. I'm not tolerating any more of this. Sam Golbach will never be with Colby Brock and that's final. 

I sat down on my bed and looked at my phone. I had received a text from my friend, Jake. 

J: hey dude, there's a party tonight at my friends place. Why don't you and Colby come hang out?

I quickly texted back.

S: yeah, that sounds like a great idea! I need to get out of the house. I'll tell Colby real quick. 

J: okay dude, see you at 8:00

This could be a good thing. Maybe we'd meet some girls.

The idea didn't make me as happy as it should've. I turned my phone off and ran downstairs to find Colby. He was on his phone on the couch. 

"Hey, Jake invited us to a party tonight at 8:00. Wanna go?"

Colby ran his fingers through his hair. Cute.. Shut up.

"Yeah, sure!" He checked the time. "Wow it's 7:16, we should get ready and go."

I hopped in the shower and washed off as fast as I could because I knew Colby was waiting for his turn. I picked out a plain white shirt and ripped black jeans. I put some gel in my hair to keep it from looking like a cloud and then threw on the black converse with the white soles. Black and white. I put on my glasses cause I felt like seeing.

I jogged down the stairs for the millionth time today and Colby came down right after. He was wearing a black and grey T-shirt and dark red jeans with his dog tag necklace and, of course, a couple rings. I checked my phone. 7:52.

"Okay, I'm ready. Let's go!" Colby opened the door.

I grabbed my keys and followed him quickly. We got in my car and I drove to the address Jake sent me. We could hear the loud music from inside the car as I parked. We got out and entered the house that was full of people. Jake saw us instantly and walked up to us, patting us each on the back.

"You guys showed!" He smiled. "The snacks and drinks are in the kitchen over there. We're all in the family room playing games or just dancing and talking. Why don't you get something to eat and join us?" He patted us on the back again and walked off to the family room. 

Colby and I made our way through to the kitchen to find the snacks. There were chips, salsa, pretzels, fruit, soda, water, and some beer and other acloholic beverages. We grabbed some plates and cups and picked what we wanted. I'm not much of a drinker, but I won't say I didn't have a sip. Colby might've been a bit farther into his cup, but it was only casual. He was still fully sober all night. 

We hung out in the living room where people were laughing, dancing, playing games and making out. So basically your standard party. We did meet some girls, and one of them was extra touchy with Colby. It bothered me, but I tried to ignore it. That is, until she got a bit too close to his face...

I freaked out. I was calm on the outside, but I swear, if there was a psychic in the building he'd think the world just exploded. 

Colby laughed a little awkwardly and stood up. The girl tried to grab his wrist to pull him back but he avoided her hands and walked away. He headed towards the snacks and I followed him, trying to calm myself before I spoke.

Remember, you have no reason to be upset. Colby isn't your boyfriend. He's probably not even gay. Just make a comment, that's all. 

I couldn't bring myself to talk. I knew, I just knew that once I did I wouldn't stop. I'd tell him things I shouldn't. I'd get upset from my own words. 

God, I wish talking was easier!

"Sorry." Colby looked at me.

I closed my eyes, trying to keep from talking. I shut them as tight as I could, hoping to block everything out.

A second later, I felt Colby's lips crash into mine.

A/N: I know! I know! Annoying spot to leave off but this was super long. 

am I moving too fast? Please give me some feedback in the comments section.

What do you think? Will things get heated in the next chapter? Is Sam going to ignore his feelings?

I don't want to write smut, but I guess I will if i feel like the story needs it.