Chapter 22

You didn't go back to your friends. You were too upset to do that... instead, you needed to see someone else... you felt the need burning inside you.

You left the skiing things behind and went to the cafeteria, but Karma wasn't there. You searched for him and found him on a yard, building a snowman. You slowly approached him, and immediately felt better. You couldn't even remember how he once used to make you angry and annoyed.

I feel totally different with him compared to Asano...

No, compared to everyone.

You stopped walking and stared at him for a while. He was on his knees making the snowman with careful eyes, his red hair having snow itself because he wasn't wearing a hat. He looked like a little boy. After him being tired and you taking care of him, he seemed more fragile and soft to you. It was as if you had unlocked a new side of him after that incident.

"How long are you gonna stand over there looking at me? Come here, I may be a hot mess, but I promise I won't melt the snow."

You realised he was looking at you, smirking. You approached him, feeling kind of embarrassed of your actions, but tried not to think about them.

Only then you noticed the snowman he was building. He had put carrots... on the top of the head, and two purple flowers for eyes.

"Hey, are you sure you know how to build snowmen?"you asked giggling.

"Of course. But I plan on playing darts with this white devil as a target later on" he murmured.

"Why? He's cute"

He glared at you.

"Are you trying to irritate me?"his voiced asked low-toned and you gasped.

"Did I say... something wrong?"you asked and the next moment he pushed you, making you lie on the snow. He approached you, making intense eye-contact, putting his face above yours, his hands right and left of your body.

"Hey... you are so clueless I can't take it."he said and you sensed that he meant way more things with this sentence.

You couldn't take your eyes away from him. Some days before, you would have already thrown him so far away he would break all his bones, but it was not like that anymore.

And he knew it.

He damn knows it...

And I freakin' know I am enjoying his presence around me more and more...

"What do you... mean?"

I can't even talk normally...

"I mean that..." he paused"that... this snowman is Asano. Don't call him cute."

You slowly looked at the snowman. The next moment, you were laughing to death, and almost choked on air. Karma freed you, and helped you sit again. You were laughing so hard that you were probably heard even at the skiing area.

"You mean... that this carrot-head represents... oh gosh, Karma, this thing is obviously better than Asano... what exactly are you trying to do?"

He was taken aback and you wondered why. Then, he smiled proudly.

"You just said two amazing things: that my snowman is better than Asano, and... my name."

You realised you had indeed said it. And he was so happy about it. You unknowingly blushed, and that made him smile even more.

"So what? First time hearing your name? Then guess what, that's it. You are Kar-ma!"you slowly said, making fun of him and trying to confuse his mind, but well, he was too amused by that.