Chapter 18

"Finally! Where the hell have you been?!"you heard Maehara's voice as soon as you arrived outside the train station.

He seemed pretty angry. Nagisa and Kayano were next to him, not happy at all, and behind them Isogai and Yukiko were silently talking to each other, also with annoyed faces.

"Guys... why are you like that... I am sorry, okay? It is just that some things happened and we were late..." you said in regrets and teary eyes. You couldn't stand having your friends angry at you.

Maehara just shrugged it off.

"Okay, okay, don't worry, we can tease you later about the fact that the two of you arrived together, but now we have more important things to worry about..." he said and the others nodded.

You and Karma looked at each other, having no idea what he meant.

Right then you heard many steps coming from behind and at the same time, your friend's eyes narrowed furiously.

Karma and you turned around, and you were taken aback to see who was approaching you.

Asano Gakushu and six more guys from class A. Asano's eyes were on you and he smirked when seeing your shocked face; however, he glared at Karma when he noticed he was standing next to you. You glanced at the red-haired boy to see he was also glaring back at Asano. It was as if fire had been spread around those two.

"Why are they here?" Karma asked, not looking away from Asano.

"The contest had two winners. The one was Maehara, and according to Asano, the other winner decided he didn't want the trip and Asano managed to take it. Well, we all know it was because of his money... he really does anything he wants..."  Isogai murmured.

You suddenly remembered...

" Because I... didn't know who you were with while... being away form me... Afraid you were with... Asano"

Akabane knows Hiro... so he probably knows what happened with my ex boyfriend... but how could he know it was Asano? Maehara knows... could he have said it?

You looked at Karma again. He had moved slightly in front of you, in a protective manner, which wasn't ignored by Asano's gaze.

Akabane... why hadn't you shown such a side of you all this time?

Asano stood right in front of you and your friends. His classmates were standing behind him, smirking in amusement of your annoyed reactions.

Asano had talked to you the day before, but all you had in mind was Karma's accident, so you had totally forgotten about it. Seeing him from up close again, you felt anxious and at the same time angry, but the worst was that you couldn't really hate him because of the love you were once feeling for him. Instead, you hated yourself for being such an idiot.

Besides that, there was not a single person in E class that liked him. He was everyone's most hated person because he was always picking up on your class. However, after you broke up, he wouldn't even look at you or approach you, that's why for one and a half years you had been only watching him from afar...

In the beginning it was really difficult. Your eyes were meeting his figure everyday at school, your heart was beating fast every single time but at the same time you were feeling strong pain. Your friends' and Hiro's help was what gave you strength to move on from that love. But yesterday after the game, Asano suddenly was willing to talk to you again... what the hell was that? And now he would come with you and your friends to the trip?

"It looks like we will spend our weekend together, Y/N... and others" Asano said looking at you smiling, and you remembered how much you once adored that smile of his. Now, it could only bring you annoyance and a strong will to slap him in the face.