Chapter 24

"I wanna talk to you"

Karma found Asano sitting alone at the cafeteria. He was drinking a cup of tea, his bangs were still kind of wet under his hat. He tried to ignore Karma, but the red haired boy took a seat right in front of him. He sighed and gave up.

"What? We agreed not to bother you during the trip, now why are you bothering me?"

"I didn't agree in anything, so this doesn't apply for me. I want to talk about you... and about Y/N." Karma said.

"I don't wanna talk to you."

"Then drink your tea and hear me out. Once upon a time, Y/N told me about her ex boyfriend. How she met him, how she fell in love with him, how he... ditched her when he found out what kind of student she was. She never told me the name or other hints that would lead me to his identity... but seriously, Asano, no matter how much piece of shit you are, I was still surprised when I found out yesterday that it was you. And I was disgusted, to tell you the truth.."

"It's not your business, Akabane. Leave me alone. Why so concerned about my personal life?" Asano murmured and glared at Karma.

"Cause it's not your personal life anymore. What happened between you two affected her to the bone... and still affects her. It also affects me." Karma said and took a deep breath"You ignored her for a year and a half... and now you suddenly came back following her and asking her to come back to you. Why is that?"

"I regret what I did, okay? And I want her back... why, Akabane? Do you like her? Does it hurt?" Asano asked and slightly smirked. Karma's suffering was probably his favourite enjoyment in life.

Karma bit his bottom lip.

"I happen to know the real reason you are doing this. Back then, you had used your father's files to find out Y/N's grades. It would not be impossible for you to have already found out our results and ranks of the exam that will be revealed on Monday, right?"

Now it was Asano's turn to bit his lip. Karma continued.

"My theory is this: you have been monitoring Y/N's progress through your father's files the whole time after you broke up with her. You waited long enough, waited for her to become the best, to surpass me, your opponent in grades. And now, she did, and when you saw the results, you decided to use it to get her back. Now that she is the first student, now that she is better than me... you want her back, right? Because you, Asano, only want girls of your level, is that true?"

Asano gave up. He put his cup down and stared annoyingly at Karma. His voice was suddenly angrier and more intense.

"So what? If I make her love me again, she will be happy being with me, so you don't have to worry. What if I want her because she is better than you? She is on my level... our break up turned her into something amazing, and I want that amazing girl back. I will take care of her, believe it or not."

Karma laughed at the last sentence. Asano looked weirdly at him, not realising what was so funny.

"You? Take care of her!? Let me guess... like you did the last time?"

"It's not my fault she took it to heart that I broke up with..." Asano said but was cut by Karma.

"Took it to heart? Let me update your information, because you have no idea what happened back then. After you ditched her because of who she was, she cried her eyes out and was hit by a car. She bled. Her eyes and ears were hurt. She was wearing bandages around her head for a long time. She didn't want to let anyone at school know about it except her friends, so that you wouldn't find out, so that you wouldn't get worried, because she was still fucking love you. That is her story, Asano, a story you didn't know, and didn't care about. You will take care of her? I don't think so."