Chapter 26

On Monday, you just couldn't accept the fact that the trip was over, that you were going back to school. You just couldn't adjust to the situation.

Well, you were not the only one.

"Uuuuuuuuuuh I hate school... actually, the lessons, since the kids are really cool. But still, I can't take it, not after such a great trip. I miss burying Nagisa in the snow"  Kayano whined and sighed.

Kayano, Yukiko and you entered the gate of school and noticed Karma, Nagisa, Maehara and Isogai waiting for you. Isogai quickly kissed his girlfriend.

You glanced at Karma. He looked... anxious and worried. And you knew why.

"The results of the exams are on the announcement board. Wanna go check on them?" Isogai asked and you headed there.

Karma clenched his teeth when he heard that, yet he nodded, knowing it was inevitable.

A bunch of students was already trying to see the results. It was hard for you to pass through them and see.

"Guess we will have to wait till everyone leaves" Yukiko murmured and Maehara laughed.

"Excuse my, but what do we have two tiny kids in our team for?"he said and pointed at Kayano and Nagisa.

They looked at each other, and then Maehara pushed them in the crowd.

"Go and see the results! Just be careful and don't let anyone step on you!"he shouted at them and you sighed.

"You know it's bad bullying them, right?"you told him and he shrugged, not feeling guilty at all.

Your two friends returned quickly, but out of breath. They looked at you.

"In our class, I... I got 10th place, Kayano 9th, Isogai 5th, Yukiko 11th, Maehara 15th... Karma 2nd and Y/N 1st" Nagisa announced.

No matter what everyone got, they only paid attention to the two of you.

"Whoa!" Maehara exclaimed "I thought I wouldn't live long enough to see Y/N surpassing Karma! Congrats, girl!"

Nagisa smiled too. They were the only ones who didn't know what Asano had told you. The rest had worried looks on their faces, realising it was his plan all along. Well, Karma knew it since long ago.

You smiled at them to calm them down.

"Don't give me these looks... I have to go for a while. I will be back, okay?"you told them and they all knew.

You were going to find Asano.

"Y/N!" Kayano whined loudly and displeased "Why are you going to him?! Are you crazy?!"

You giggled and patted her shoulder.

"I'm just going to talk to him. Don't worry, okay?"

No one knew what you had in mind. For them, going to find Asano meant you would accept him back.

Karma grabbed your hand and pulled you close to him. It was the first time he was doing something like that in front of so many people, and many glances fell upon you.

You felt his hot breath, his deep gaze and caring eyes on you.

"Don't go."

His voice was so low and absolute.

"I have to make some things clear to him. You don't have to worry"

"That worried me even more. Do I have to faint from worry to make you stay with me?"

You pulled your hand away. You sweetly smiled at him and turned around to leave.

Before doing so, you planted a quick kiss on his cheek. You disappeared from his sighed so quickly, shy to make any eye contact with him.
--