Chapter 21

To make it quick, you decided that 5 members of each team would compete. Yours were: Maehara, Isogai, Nagisa, Yukiko and you. Kayano was out, because she had heard Isogai quarreling with Yukiko because he didn't want his girlfriend to get hurt during the game. But Yukiko insisted that she would be fine, and Kayano decided to leave in order for her friend to prove Isogai that she was able to handle such a bet.

The two opponents would go skiing from the place you were till the end of the mountain. The first one to arrive at the end, would win.

Isogai went first, and he lost. Yukiko second, and she won. They didn't know whether her opponent slowed down because she was a girl or not, but that didn't prevent her from proving Isogai her strength. Maehara won, Nagisa lost. In the end, it was all up to you.

If I lose now... we will have to obey those idiots...

As you were getting ready with Asano next to you, smiling to you once in a while, Kayano approached you and gave you her cellphone.

"Someone wants to talk to you."she said but you already knew who it was.

You hesitantly took the phone in your hand and put it on your ear.

"Hello?"

"Ya... do you really care for my health? Doing things like that... means the opposite, you know." Karma's voice said and you realised that...

I miss him.

Even though he is so close...

"What is it, Akabane? Will you tell me to sit down and not compete because he has totally planned something and because you are worried?"you asked, kind of annoyed.

You were surprised to hear his next sentence.

"I can't always always tell you what to do, you know... just look at me" he cheerfully said.

You gasped and slowly raised your head. You were now looking at him, sitting at the cafeteria, looking back at you. You couldn't clearly see his characteristics, but you knew he was smiling.

"I will cheer for you. Beat the crap out of him, I hate him. Take care."

You smiled back at him. He hung up, putting- your- phone on his table, never taking his eyes away.

You were suddenly stronger. Even though Asano was your opponent, you were confident.

"Are you ready?"he suddenly asked and you realised you were spacing out.

You got ready, and when the signal was given, both of you began skiing, not looking behind. You could feel Karma's eyes on you, until you got out of his sight.

Asano was really fast, but you managed to keep up.  For most of the time, you were skiing next to each other. You were concentrated, but couldn't ignore his talking.

"Finally alone. Lets stop and talk for a while."he said and smiled.

I'm gonna puke.

"We are competing against each other, I knew you wouldn't take it seriously..." you said and he sighed. You had a hard time listening to each other because of the cold wind hitting against your ears.

"Oh, I am pretty serious. Do you see that huge rock in our way?"he asked and you indeed noticed a huge black rock, noticeable even from afar."I guess you wouldn't mind... having another hurt person to take care of..."

Oh shit.

You wide-opened your eyes and almost fell, but managed to stand again.

"Don't tell me..."