School Girl

Dont laugh at the girl who gets straight A's. She might not be a nerd or a geek this might just be her escape. School is her safe place. The teachers compliment her and tell her they are proud. She doesnt hear that at home. She is failure at everything else in her world. She cannot seem to get anything done right, but school, learning she understands. She gets it when it comes to school work and if she doesn't she will stay late to figure it out. There is no point in heading home. Well it isnt exactly a home to her. She isnt welcomed there and when you point and stare, her place of safety feels as if it is no longer there. She wishes she could just fit in, but in order to make friends she would need to let someone in. She cant let you in because then you'll see how fucked up her life is. Was all of this meant to be? She hides her emotions from you for fear of your judgement because they judge her enough at home. She trys to make them happy but nothing seems to work. Her teachers are happy. She wishes someone could see, please someone notice. She wonders if maybe she speaks up if it will get better. She decides against it, it will only hurt her to tell someone. She needs to focus back on school. She is keeping her head up. You see a perfect girl, but if you took off that sweater you would see the hand prints from where her mom grabs her. You could see she doesnt eat because her rib cage sticks out. If only she wore shorts then you could see the pinkish colored lines that litter her skin. More reson for her to avoid friends they might notice how small she is they might care. She cant let anyone in or they will trample what small bit of herself she has left. So please dont laugh, she is hurting and broken.