Chapter 6

| Blake |

He was making breakfast, pancakes just like Signe liked, not that he believed she was going to eat anything, but he had to try. He couldn't let the girl starve herself, he couldn't let her succumb to her own sadness. He had to do something and forcing her to eat was the reason why she hadn't ended up in a hospital. Yet. Blake put pancakes on the ginger's place and brought them to the girl's room where she had been for days, lying on her bed crying, pouring her heart out. It was heartbreaking to see the point the girl was at. The blond had tried to make Signe leave the apartment for a while, however, nothing seemed to get her out of the bed. 

"Cookie, I made you your favorite breakfast!" Blake exclaimed as he opened the door with one hand, his other hand trying to balance the tray he carried. He heard no answer, only Signe's sobs. 

"Y-you can p-put it there." She pointed to the bedside table. The blond stared at her for brief seconds. The girl's hair was messy, her eyes were red and puffy from crying constantly, her nose was a little red on the sides due to all the tissues she was using to clean her runny nose and she was still using a black sweater and grey sweatpants. Signe was miserable and heartbroken and what made Blake really mad wasn't Shawn breaking up with her, but the words he had used. It was still pissing him off how he was able to bring himself to throw something so painful to the girl he knew he loved deeply. Blake had to put up with his cries and whines about how he would treat her so much better - which he never doubted it was true - but in the end, he ended up hurting the worst way possible. No one liked to have their mistakes thrown back at them, especially when you were still trying to overcome them. 

It was weird being at the airport to say goodbye to his friend when he noticed Signe wasn't there and that Shawn didn't look as excited as he told Blake he was to tour again. He didn't question the boy what happened, instead, he pretended to not have noticed any of it and waited until his departure to call Signe. It was when the girl did not pick up his calls that the blond began making assumptions of what might have happened and it turned out he wasn't wrong. 

"No, I'm not gonna leave without seeing you eating something." Blake stated as he sat next to the girl. The ginger sighed and sat on the bed picking up the plate on the tray and the cutlery. She cut a small piece of the first pancake the boy and put on her plate and put it in her mouth afterward, chewing slowly against her will. It took her a bit longer than necessary to finish one pancake and when she did, she refused to eat the second. With a sigh, Blake left the tray on the bedside table and warned her about going out. As always he asked her if she wanted to come and like always her answer was:

"No, you go Blake. I'll stay here."

He left her room behind, sad that her first week with him had been just this. Blake wanted her to do something other than look miserable, so she could try to recover her happiness. Yeah, it was hard and Blake was aware of it, he had always believed Shawn and Signe were soulmates, meant to share their life with one another and although Shawn screwed up badly, he couldn't change his mind. They were right for one another. How Blake wanted her to go over something like that? He wasn't sure himself. All he wanted was the ginger to be able to smile one more time. To understand that with or without Shawn by her side she has a life and she just can't put it on standby to grief for too long.  

The blond ate his breakfast real quick, changed into some old jeans he had on his closed, a plain white shirt under a black hoodie he liked to wear when he wouldn't be home for too long. Then Blake left the apartment behind, trusting Signe wouldn't do anything stupid while he was gone. He walked to the nearest supermarket while he made a mental list of the things he needed, just to make sure he wouldn't forget anything. He walked past a store for pets, stopping to look at the adorable puppies at the window display. They were so cute, all Blake wanted was to enter the store and cuddle with all of them. Against his will, the blond kept walking, getting closer to the supermarket he wanted to go. Once inside, the boy began searching what he needed. He walked first to the aisle of the hygiene products, to grab some toilet paper and pads - he knew they would be needed sooner or later, might as well have them already - and unlike what other people would think, he wasn't embarrassed for being looking for the right pads. It didn't bother Blake, it was something he considered normal. Girls had periods and that was normal, so why would it be weird seeing a guy buy them? Sure, they didn't have these problems - fortunately - but kindness and comprehension were still a thing. The blond put them on the shopping cart and moved to another aisle. Without noticing, he ended up knocking down a bag of flour with his shopping cart which ended up opening and covering a girl with its content.

"Oh my God! I'm so sorry!" Blake apologized as he glanced at the girl worriedly. The girl looked at him and then at her clothes and smiled, her glasses covered in flour.

"I know this uniform needs fewer colors, but I don't think flour will help." The girl joked whilst taking off her glasses, revealing her insanely gorgeous green eyes. Her eyes were the glimmering color of emerald, reminding him of the Spring and just like it, her eyes were full of life.

"Here, let me clean your glasses." The boy offered as he reached for her glass which she handed him, her smile growing wider. He lifted his hoodie just a bit revealing his white shirt underneath and began cleaning the girl's glasses. When her glasses were cleaned he looked back at the girl, she was beautiful. Her hair was short and curly almost reaching her shoulders and her smile formed adorable dimples.Sure, she was curvy, but who cared? He for sure didn't. It was stupid the idea of perfection consisted in being skinny, but at what costs? Blake believed it was pure idiocy trying to be skinny when it could lead to multiple disorders such as anorexia and nervous bulimia and those aren't disorders you play around with. They are dangerous and it took lives. All this because of what? Because of the industries that fed the girls believes that beauty was the synonym of being skinny instead of teaching them how to love themselves for who they were. It was such much more attractive seeing a girl loving herself, with no care about what other people thought. That's beautiful.  

"Thank you..."

"Blake."

"Thank you, Blake." The girl put the glasses back on her face and then glanced at her clothes. That's when the boy noticed the name tag on her uniform. Eva. That was her name, simple and beautiful, just like the girl.

"You're welcome, Eva." He grinned at her. Eva opened her mouth to say something when she peeked at the tag on her uniform. She rolled her eyes at herself and chuckled, causing to Blake to join her.

"Well, Blake, I need to change. I hope to see you around." Eva spoke as she bit her inferior lip while she began walking away from him. Blake smiled at himself when the thought of Delilah crossed his mind. It still hurt him that he would probably see Delilah again, but he knew he had to move on from her, sooner or later. He kept on searching for what he still needed to buy and once he had everything he was looking for, he paid and left. The image of Eva refused to leave his mind and he wondered why.

When Blake got home, his jaw dropped upon seeing Signe in the living room watching Grey's Anatomy, her hair was brushed and she was no longer wearing the sweatpants and the sweater, now she had a hoodie he noticed it was stolen from him and black leggings.

"Humm...Cookie, what happened while I was gone?" He inquired with curiosity as he dropped the plastic bags on the kitchen's counter. She looked at him, still without a sign of any smile.

"Talked with my mom. She forced me to change and shower. She also knows we are roommates and told me Daniel will help me out with the rest of the moving." The ginger explained. Blake nodded satisfied her mother was able to bring some sense to her head since he was unable to do it. 

"Hey, Signe. I bought you some pads in case you need them soon. I decided to not bring tampons because I understand shit about them." And finally, the smile he was trying to get from her for a whole week happened.

"It's okay. Thank you, Blake." She got up from the couch to go get her pads and when she held the little box she frowned. The blond pulled her for a hug, he knew that before him there was a certain someone who would do it occasionally.

"Shall we watch Grey's Anatomy?" Blake questioned, trying to search for something to keep her mind busy. 

"We shall." Signe smiled weakly at him.

There she was, the Signe he knew.

---

A/N: Hey guys! Here we have Blake! I love him to death, I'm so glad I created him <3 

Since I'm a good friend, I based Eva of one of my dearest friends @MyHoranWish, she's a sweet girl and I'm proud to call her my friend. She deserves all the love in this world, so be nice and kind <3

Peace out,

Bee