Chapter 6: Regrets and stubbornness

"Calm down Francis." Jeremy said while looking at him walking up and down the room. "I never thought..." He started. There was a knock on the door. "That might be Wendy." Jeremy said. "Don't be stupid, she isn't coming back here. If she will ever see me again I'll be surprised." Francis sounded sad he sighed and sat on the bed covering his face with his hands. He knew that this could happen. The moment Tom used a fake name and saw how he looked at her, he knew. He looked at Jeremy, desperation carved in to his eyes. Jeremy stood up and opened the door. "Is she here?" Tom asked while walking in the room. "You!" Francis shouted jumping off the bed pointing his finger at Tom. Tom stopped mid step.

There was a silence filling the room. Jeremy looked at the two man. uncertain what he must do.

"I'm sorry." Tom said while holding both hands up. "Why didn't you tell her?" Francis was mad. He could lose his best friend because of this. "It simply didn't came up." "You talked to her all evening and not once there was an opening to tell her the truth?" "No, I didn't want to hurt her." "You should've been honest Tom. You slept with her!" "I know, I know." He groaned. "You did hurt her you know. It's all over social media!" Tom sighs and looked at his feet. "I've seen it. My sister called, woke me up asking me about Wendy." "What did you tell your sister?" "That I've met the most amazing woman and that I probably messed up." He said. "You are correct, she is amazing and you messed up."

"Do you know where she is Francis? I need to apologise."Tom said softly. He was afraid of Francis at this point, he never saw him like this. Normally he is calm and relaxed. Francis started laughing he didn't know where it came from. It almost sounded hysterical. Both Jeremy and Tom looked concerned. "She won't be anywhere I could find her, she is angry, hurt and stubborn. She doesn't want to see me so she will be somewhere I can't find her."

Jeremy moved. He gathered his clothes , made sure he looked descent and before leaving the room he kissed Francis on the forehead. "I'll look for her. I'll let you know if I find her." He nodded at Tom and leaves them behind.

They both stood in the room, staring at each other. "How mad will she be Francis?" Tom asked "I have seen her like that before. But never, not once did she looked at me like that." He said sadly. "That look she saves for the people she'll hate, she ignores them. Talk about them like they aren't around anymore. I can't lose her Tom, she has always been there for me." Tears started to form, Francis felt miserable.

"You won't lose her, if she wants to talk to me I'll tell her it was me, I'll tell her you said I should tell the truth." Tom wrapped one arm around Francis shoulder. He felt bad to see his friend like this. It was his fault...

Tom woke up hearing his phone. He turned around in the bed making sure the sound didn't woke Wendy. But she was already gone. He felt a pain in his chest. She left without saying anything. He didn't thought she would be that type of girl. His phone kept ringing. He took it and saw is was his sister.

"Emma" Tom was glad to hear his sister "What a nice surprise." . She was travelling and they hadn't seen each other in two months. "Who's the girl you're seeing Tom?" Emma asked skipping pleasantries."Sorry?" Tom said slightly amazed. "The girl, Tom. Small, brunette, lives in Bruges..." She sounded annoyed. "How did you?" "Oh you know, Twitter, facebook..." Tom jumped out of his bed, grabbing his I pad. He opened his Twitter account and there it is. Photos of him and Wendy, they were walking in Bruges, eating dinner, drinking in the Café, walking to his hotel. "O no, no ,no." He said panic raising in his chest.

"You seem to like her, I can see it by the way you look at her. How long have you been together?" Tom sighed rubbing his hand over his face. "Yesterday" He mumbled "What did you say brother?""I've met her yesterday." He said again, more clearly. "What?" Emma said in disbelieve. she whistled softly "You go fast, who is she?" "Her name is Wendy." "Wait, Wendy? As in Francis his Wendy?" "Yes." "Tom." She said, "what did you do?"

Tom started to tell Emma everything. He didn't left out anything. He couldn't lie to his sister. After Tom finished his story Emma didn't say anything. "Emma? you're still there?" "Tom of all the stupid things you have ever done, this must be one of the most stupid ones." She sighs "Francis doesn't shut up about her. You knew that she doesn't like liars, she can be quit unforgiving about that." "I know, I was stupid. It's just. I know Francis told her about me. he kept saying how she refused to watch my work or even my photo. When that seemed to be true. She didn't recognised me, I just couldn't tell her who her was. Francis told me to be honest but I was scared." "So you kept lying and slept with her? Cause that makes sense." She failed to keep the sarcasm from her voice.

"Do you really like her Tom?" Emma asked. "I never thought it could happen, but yes I really like her. When I woke up I felt hurt she was gone. Now I know why she left." He sighs "You messed up really bad there brother." Was all Emma said and hung up. It was her way to tell him she disapproved of what he did.

When Wendy walked out of the hotel she was holding herself together. Knowing there could be people taking her picture. She didn't want to go home. Alice follows Tom on twitter so she will know by now what happened and she didn't want Alice to harass her with questions about Tom. Instead she started to walk. Not really knowing where she was going.

"How could I be so stupid, stupid, stupid girl! Aaaagh. Sleeping with a guy I just met. That's not who I'm! God I called Teddy slut more than once when he did that. But he was so kind, attentive, good looking... stop it Wendy he's a liar." She walked around like that talking to herself. She walked around like that for 30min. When realising she was hungry and wanted to change clothes because she remembered that he had his hands all over her and... Good now she felt dirty and wanted a shower.

Wendy eventually walked home, really wanting to take a shower and change her clothes. Alice was there she saw Wendy come in and wanted to jump up and shout something stupid like "You finally got laid and it was Tom freaking Hiddleston!" But one look at her friend and she froze. "Hi" Was al she said. Wendy smiled great full for her friend not saying anything.

Wendy took a quick shower and changed her clothes. She took a chocolate muffin and walked at the front door. "Where you going?" Alice asked. " Out."

She took the bus she needed to be, she didn't know. She wanted to think. There was a bus coming Cadzand was written on it. "Then there is where I'll go."

Lucky for her the bus was as good as empty. Two teenagers who looked at her from time to time and started to giggle. Wendy ignored them. The bus ride was long, longer then she remembered. But it calmed her down a bit. After what seemed to be a life time. They arrived at Cadzand. She walked little and then she saw the beach. She loved coming here. It was a long beach and at this time of the year deserted. You had you occasional elderly man or woman who walked there dog. but that's it.

She walked to the wet sand. Turned on her music and started running.