Chapter 27: After party

Wendy had to work while the play premiered. She also missed the second day. But she read the reviews online and they where promising. The last day Wendy would be able to see this extraordinary piece of art. Afterwards the cast held a little party, Wendy would be there.

"Francis, Jeremy?! Where are you guys? We are going to be late!" Wendy stood in the hallway of Francis house, waiting. She had a long green dress on, her baby bump stood out. She waited, Wendy felt nervous. She never saw a play where she knew so many of the cast.

"We're ready!" Jeremy shouted from upstairs. They came down both looking stunning and sophisticated. Wendy whistled. "If I were a man." She laughed. "If we weren't gay! Wendy you look marvellous!" Francis took her hand and turned her around. "I always thought you were a pretty girl, but you glow when you're pregnant." Jeremy hugged her.

They arrived at the theatre. Francis gave his arm, as did Jeremy. Wendy laughed lacing both her arms in theirs. "Excuse me madam, sirs." A security guard walked towards them. "Mister Allen asked me to take you backstage before it begins. Will you please follow me?" The man guided them back stage.

"Wendy! Francis and friend!" Gaston walked towards them arms outstretched. "Well aren't you a beauty" He kissed her on the cheeks. "Thank you, Gaston and thank you for the invitation." "Ha, Tom would've killed me if I didn't! But you are always welcome, girl." She heard someone laughing. Wendy turned around "Hello, love." Tom said while hugging her, kissing her forehead. "You know, if you killed Gaston I would never wanted to see you again." She smiled, punching him in the arm. "I wouldn't want that to happen." He looked at her, soft eyes, smiling, happy. "I've read the reviews, I can't wait to see it."Wendy looked at Gaston. "Oh you will see a lot of Tom don't worry." He winked, leading Francis and Jeremy to the make-up room. He needed some finishing touches.

When they were out of sight. Tom went down on his knees so he faces the baby. "Hi little wonder, It's daddy. Are you exited to see daddy work? I hope you like it." As if the baby could understand hil. It kicked. "Don't hurt mommy." He laughed, putting his hand on Wendy's belly. Wendy put her hand on his looking down at him. "You are going to be the best father I could wish for my baby." She smiled. "Our baby, love." He got up holding his hand on her belly. He looked down at her. His lips got closer to hers.

"Wendy!"Jeremy called her name" It's time, we need to find our seats." "Good luck Tom." She whispered.

Wendy looked at the play, her eyes where wide open. She was all attention, wrapped in the story. And Tom, well he is amazing! She caught him looking at her once or twice, okay maybe three or four but not more then ten! When the play ended she was sad. How can something so beautiful end? Wendy puts her hands on her belly and whispered "That was your daddy."

"O my god!"Francis exclaimed "That was intense!" Wendy laughed. "It was, I didn't know theatre could be like this!" "This was the first time I ever went to the theatre." Jeremy almost whispered. He was very impressed. "I never saw anything like this, it's, it's wow." He couldn't think of anything else to say. "Come on, I think we may go back stage again." Wendy said walking at the back.

The cast already changed their clothes. There was food and drinks on the tables. They were talking loudly, happy. Wendy, Francis and Jeremy came in. They started to clap their hands. "That was amazing!" Wendy said hugging Gaston. "Thank you for inviting us." He kissed her cheeks. "You're welcome, dear." He said putting his hands on her shoulder. "Tom is a great man, don't let fear stop you." He whispered in her ear. She smiled.

The three of them talked to all the actors. Telling them how much they liked the play.

"You look great Wendy." Lucy said, it was quit late already. "Thank you Lucy. That dress looks great on you." "Thank you, it's Chanel." She looked down at her own dress. "I loved your character, you played her very well." "It was not easy, she was very complex. But for charity I go beyond." "I saw that. It was impressive." Lucy smiled. "O I forgot, I saw you didn't had anything to drink so here." She gave Wendy a glass. "I was thirsty, thank you." " Bo is looking at me, he wants me to come over. See you later Wendy."

"Hello, love." Tom stood close by Wendy. "Long time no see handsome." She smiled. "You were busy talking to all those men." He teased. "Yes, They are all very friendly and handsome to." "You little minx." He laughed. "You are leaving in the morning?" Tom looked quit sad. "Yes, but I promise I'll a back before the baby is born. You still want me there do you." He felt nervous, uncertain of her answer. "Of course I want you there! I need you there, so does the baby." He smiled, you could see the love in his eyes. Tom couldn't resist any longer. For months he had to be strong. She was all he ever thought about. He wanted to be with her and the baby. "Wendy." He began, taking her in his arms. His phone rang. Tom started to laugh. Wendy joined him, letting him go.

Wendy suddenly felt tiered. That's what happened when you're pregnant. One moment you're full of energy, the other moment you can sleep where you stand. She yawned looking around. Tom was still on the phone and Jeremy and Francis had an animated conversation with Gaston, Lucy and Bo. She wasn't in the mood to socialise anymore. So Wendy just stood there, taking it all in.

"What's wrong my love?" Tom said. wrapping his arm around her waist. "I'm tired, I think i want to go home." "I'll take you home, wait here I'll take our things." While she waited for Tom she went to say goodbye to her friends. Gaston wanted her to stay. But Francis looked at her friend and saw she was really tired and kissed her goodnight.

"It was nice to see you again Wendy." Lucy said while hugging her goodbye.

They arrived at her house, "Are you alright love?" Tom looked worried. "Yes, just tired." She smiled at him. "Don't worry Tom." "But I do worry, all the time." He took her in his arms again. "You don't have to, we're fine." "I know, I can't help it." The baby kicked hard. Even Tom could feel it. He laughed "How does that not hurt?" He cupped her face "You are amazing Wendy." His lips touched hers. soft at first but then with more passion. Wendy kissed back. It felt good. The kiss was long and Wendy's head was spinning. "I'll miss you." Tom whispered "And I'll miss you. Goodnight Tom."

Wendy went to sleep.

"Why is Wendy not picking up her phone?" Francis was agitated. "It was late yesterday, she realy looked tired." Jeremy said "I know but she's late for work." "She's six months pregnant, give her some rest." "But..." Jeremy just looked at Francis. "Okay, I'll let her sleep dor another 30 minutes." He laughed kissing Jeremy. They were both distracted for a while. After they got dressed again. Francis took his phone and called Wendy again. Still no answer. "Jeremy." Francis said looking worried. "What, little bear?" "I have to go see her, look at the time." Francis turned pale. He felt something was wrong. Jeremy saw his boyfriends expression. They both stood up and rushed out the door.

"Wendy!!" Francis yelled while running up stairs. "Wendy!!" He opened the door of her bedroom. "Wendy!!!" He screamed. "Jeremy call an ambulance, know!" He shouted. Francis saw her pale face. He took the covers away her white sheets where red. "Wendy!" Francis shouted at her, tears running down his face. "Wendy!!" Desperation in his voice. Jeremy came in, took in what he saw. He went to bed and took her wrist. "I can feel a pulse." He said relieved. "Wendy!" Francis sobbed "I'm so sorry"