Chapter 3: Small talk and Salsa

Hi, if there are any mistakes, grammer or spelling please let me know. thank you. and I hope you like it

Francis and Tom where already sitting in the restaurant. When Wendy arrived. "You're late." Francis said accusingly "Hey you chose to have dinner on the other side of Bruges and I'm just in time by the way." She laughs. Wendy was about to sit down when Tom/Tristan got up and pulled her chair so she could sit down. Wendy looked at him, her eyebrows raised. He smiled, she smiled back."Well thank you Tristan, that was very gentleman like. The last time someone did that for me, he pulled the chair away and I fell on the ground. My butt still hurts Teddy." She laughed and both men laughed with her.

"God he looks good when he laughs like that, those little wrinkles around his eyes and he does that thing again with his tongue." Wendy thought. "Teddy too Wendy, hello" Francis said. Wendy shook her head trying to un think what she just thought. That was difficult considering he is sitting in front of her.

The waiter came by the table asking what they would like to eat. "Let's start with some garlic bread, I love a good garlic bread." Francis looked al exited. But he really does like garlic bread. "That sounds good." Tom said. Both men ordered their food then the waiter turned to Wendy smiling. "Hi Jeremy, you look dashing tonight, going on a date after your shift?" "Aagh I wish." He sighed. "O you poor guy that's like what? Two weeks without a date? Must be a new record for you." They both laugh "You little minx, just tell me what you like to order and I'll ask Pablo not to Poisson it." "The same as always of course." She handed back the menu "Why do you even open up the menu?" He chuckles while writing her order down. "Seems the polite thing to do."She shrugged her shoulder while giving back her menu.

Tom was looking at her, did he just felt slightly hurt about her flirting so openly with the waiter? "Who's the hot guy Wenny?" Francis whispered loudly so Jeremy could still hear him. "I think I just said his name? That is Jeremy he works here for like the last two years. He also comes by the shop often to buy chocolates for his mother."

Tom couldn't help but listen intently to what she was saying. Do they date? Is it serious? Or is it just flirting? Must be serious when he often goes to the shop no? All those questions running through his mind while listening to there conversation.
"God Teddy, you haven't been in Bruges for two years! And yes he is good looking isn't he." She gave Francis a wicked smile. Tom just felt more and more like walls were closing in. "How long have you guys been dating?" Tom asked, while holding his breath. Not sure he wants to know the answer.

Wendy looked at him, she was surprised. She looked at him one second longer with questioning eyes and then she just started laughing. It was a loud and warm laugh. "Tristan!" she finely managed to say. "And here I'm thinking I'm the friend who asked blunt questions." She still giggled. Now they both were looking at her.

"Ah Jeremy just in time!" she almost started laughing again. "You where thirsty?" He asked while looking amused at his laughing friend. "That too, but I just can't answer this question without laughing. So you'll have to do it." "What's the question? He looked at the men, Tom was embarrassed and didn't dare to repeat it. After a short silence where Wendy was still recovering. Francis turned to Jeremy. "We were wondering how long you guys have been seeing each other?" Jeremy smiled "O we've seen each other every week for the last two years." He smiled and gave Wendy a kiss on her cheek.

He walked away saying there bread would be ready in a few minutes. "We like to serve our special guest quickly." He smiled and winked.

"You have been dating that for two years and not tell me?" Francis exclaimed. "I'm sorry." She still giggled. "I don't see what so funny about you dating a super hot guy." He said frowning "It's funny." She looked up and saw Tom looking "What's up Tristan? You look, well I don't know. You just look strange." "It's nothing." He said quickly. "Here is your garlic bread." Jeremy put the big plate in the middle of the table. "And this is Laura, she will serve you the rest of the evening." He turned and there was a young girl standing behind Jeremy. She smiled and turned away, heading for the back.

"Have you eaten darling?" Wendy asked Jeremy. "No my love I didn't, I was going to eat in the kitchen seeing you're not alone." He winked at her "But we have an empty chair! And we haven't seen each other in two weeks! I can't let you eat alone tonight!" She exclaimed. "O thank you love, I'll be right back." They smiled at each other.

Both Francis and Tom just looked at her. Francis shook his head in disbelieve. "You used to tell me everything. I can't believe this." Wendy started to laugh again. "What's so funny?" Tom asked.
"Teddy is and you too actually, you should see your faces." Wendy had a big , wide smile on her face, her eyes sparkled.

"God she looks good" Tom taught.

"Jeremy you're finely here! I've missed you." "I've missed you too darling." He said. "You two make a cute couple." Francis observed. "Yes we have a good chemistry." Jeremy nodded.

Both Tom and Francis looked hurt. "Where are my manners? My god I haven't introduced you." Wendy looked at the three men. "Jeremy this is Francis, I call him Teddy and he is my oldest friend and this is his friend Tristan." "Nice to meet you both." The men exchanged there hallo's "Now Francis" Wendy began "Had the best idea ever and left me, moving to London almost three years ago! He makes delicious food for the rich and famous. But he is amazed that I don't tell him every single detail of my life!" "What can I say." Francis turning slightly red. Wendy ignored him."I just met his friend here so I only know he's really tall, British and has nice teeth." She nodded in Tom's direction. Tom wanted to say something but Wendy ignored him as well. "This my lovely friends."She said turning to face both Francis and Tom while waving her hand and up and down at Jeremy. "Is Jeremy. He is amazing. He's strong and confident and he is just..." She stopped a moment looking at Jeremy, holding his hand. Then looking back at her old and new friend.

"She is going to say something like 'best boyfriend ever' or whatever. I just met her but Jesus! I don't think I can hear it." Tom thought he was killing his napkin, he was so stressed. He felt like he would shatter too pieces. He looked with his clear blue eyes. He saw her smile, he held his breath. Thinking "Help"

"The best shopping buddy ever! Not to mention the most amazing salsa partner! Any girl would kill to be his partner, bust I'm the lucky one!." Both Francis and Tom their jaws sort of dropped, Tom let out the breath he was holding. Both Wendy and Jeremy started to laugh so loud people started to look. Wendy gasped for breath, a tear rolling down her cheek. She thought she was going to die laughing. "Maybe also mention I'm totally gay."Jeremy mentions. This caught Francis attention. "Yes that too." She said while they were calming down. "So you are my ravelling gay friend?" He turned to Francis. "Wendy told me so much about you. You look hotter in real life then those pictures she showed me." That was encouragement enough for Francis. While dinner arrived both men started to talk. Sort of forgetting Tom and Wendy.