Chapter 10: London

Wendy had one suitcase, all her other belongings were already in London. She couldn't believe it. Tomorrow she would by in London. She would have a new place to live, a new job, meet new friends. She couldn't wait to start her new life.

Wendy walked the last day in Bruges. Looking at the old buildings, watching the tourist. She wanted to take it all in. She was nostalgic in that way. Wendy didn't know when she would return so she took her time to say goodbye to the city that was her home.

"To new beginnings and hot boyfriends." Alice raised her glass."Boyfriends?" Stefie laughed "I think Wendy would be glad with only one." Stefie winked at Wendy. "I won't have time for that, At least not the first year." Wendy laughed. "Okay... than to new beginnings and steamy one night stands." Alice said with a big grin on her face, raising her glass again. The girls laughed. It was the last dinner they would have together before Wendy would leave for London. "I'm going to miss you girls so much." Wendy her eyes were tearing up. "Don't you dare cry." Alice said quickly blinking her eyes, trying to hold back her own tears. Stefie her tears where already rolling over her cheeks. "Do you already know for who you will have to make your fabulous chocolates?" Stefie said trying to stop. "Yes it's for a charity event. I don't know the details yet. But I can make whatever I want!" "Finally you can be creative in making chocolates, you will amaze them." Alice said, refilling the glasses.

The girls enjoyed the meal and talked till long past midnight.

The next morning Wendy was in no hurry to get ready. She slept late and had still plenty of time to get ready. Her phone went off. It was Francis.

"Rise and shine chocolate bean! Almost in London. We will be the perfect team!"- Francis
"I was still sleeping, you woke me up! Not a promising start. ;)"- Wendy
"Ha wait till you're here!"- Francis
"Help? You will still pick me up from the train station?"- Wendy
"Nope, change of plans, I have to cook you a fantastic dinner, Jeremy is picking you up!"-Francis
"Jeremy is there? I can't wait, don't let it burn!"-Wendy
"I'm a pro, have some faith. But I have to work, see you tonight!"-Francis

When Wendy got off the train in London she felt a little lost she had to look around for awhile. "Wendy!" Jeremy shouted and waved his arms. "Jeremy!" She shouted back. "Good to see you Jeremy, What are you doing here?" "Following my heart." He said while putting his hand on his heart. She smiled. "Now Francis in giving a small welcome to London dinner party at his place. Just a few of his friends. Don't be mad." He added the last words quickly. "I'm not mad. Why would I be mad?" "O you know, you just arrived and already meeting people..."

When Wendy entered Francis house she was welcomed by smells that made her mount water. "Wendy!" Francis wrapped his arms around her. "Teddy, I can't breathe." Wendy struggles to speaks because Francis hugs her so tight. "Now go clean up and dress nice, the first guest will be here soon." Francis pushed Wendy up the stairs. Jeremy showed Wendy to her room. "Francis is really happy you're here. I hope you enjoy the evening." "I'm happy to be here too." Jeremy smiled and closed the door behind her.

Wendy took a deep breath. She had hoped to have a calm first evening in London. Perhaps walking around for a while. But she should have known that was not Francis. She cleaned up and put on her favourite red dress. When she came down she could already hear voices.

"Wendy come I'll introduce you to my friends." Francis came ushering her to the couple that was waiting. "This is Ben and his wife Millie. He's an actor and she's a teacher!" "Hallo, We've heard so much about you."Millie said holding out her hand." Nice to meet you." Wendy answered and shook their hands. "So you are this famous chocolatier Francis doesn't shut up about?" "O she is amazing Ben! Do you remember those truffles you ate at the Gala two years ago?" Francis beamed "Those where yours?" He looked at Wendy, smiling "Yes they where, I hope you liked them?" "If he liked them? He loved them! He can't remember anything else he ate that night!' Millie laughed while putting her arm around his waist. "They where amazing!" He nodded enthusiastically . The next guest to arrive was Sophie she was a event planner and often asked Francis to cater for her events. She and Wendy got along well, they both loved languages and Wendy was happy to find Sophie spoke Dutch.

"Well, at least, we can share secrets, or gossip about someone in the room without them understanding what we're saying." Sophie laughed. "I live here so long, I only speak Dutch with Francis, no one else seem to speak it here!" She complained

The small grouped talked and laughed. Francis occasionally disappearing in to the kitchen to check on the food. When he wasn't doing that he looked at the clock 'Our last guests are a little late I'm afraid." He said after 45 minutes. We better start eating.

Everyone stood up and walked to the dining table, Jeremy was pouring wine in the glasses and Francis was in the kitchen when de doorbell rang. "I'll get it." Wendy said. She stood up and went to open the door. "Goodeve.." Wendy opened the door and there he stood. Smiling, his clear blue eyes locking with hers. They stood there for what seemed forever . Suddenly a women came from behind Tom. "Seeing my big brother is forgetting al his manners." She said looking from Tom to Wendy and back. "Hi, I'm Emma." Wendy blinked her eyes, shaking her head lightly, while looking at the women, slowly registering what she just said. "I'm sorry" She was able to say. "I'm Wendy. Please come in." Wendy stepped aside so Tom and Emma could go in.

When Tom passed Wendy, his hand touched hers. It was quick but it was enough to send this electric shock trough Wendy's body.