Chapter 32: The end is near

Hello everyone this is it! The last chapter, I'll write a short ( at least I think it will be short) epilogue soon. I hope you enjoyed the story. You can comment and vote if you like. I always love the have some feedback. Thank you for reading!

The last couple of months Wendy her life changed completely. She opened her shop, with great success. She and Jeremy where the perfect team. Ever since the award show Tom has stayed by her side, immediately moving in with her. Feeling guilty when he had to leave her for work. She simply laughed and pushed his duffle bag in his hands, telling him she won't run away from him ever again. But she missed him so much when he was gone, Tom made her feel safe, he made her happier then she has ever been.

Tom came home early to surprise her. He made her make her suitcase and whisked her away in his jaguar.

"Where are we going?" Wendy looked at Tom, he laughs "You'll see my love, be patience." He puts his hand on her leg. "Me and patience? Great combination." She said sarcastically while rolling her eyes. Tom chuckled.

They drove for a couple of hours, Wendy looked out the window. "Really?" She asked when she figured out where they were going. "You're not mad are you?" She shook her head. "Are you kidding me! I love to go there with you!" Her eyes wide with excitement. They pulled up on the parking lot and Wendy practically jumped out of the car. "Come on schat! Hurry!" She took his hand. Tom laughed and shook his head while Wendy was pulling at his hand. "Come on!" She often used Flemish words in order to learn Tom. He loved it when she called him schat (treasure) it made him feel loved.

After a short walk they arrived. The sun was still shining, Wendy her hair danced in the wind. She looked at the ocean again, the setting sun giving it a magical feel. Tom stood behind Wendy, wrapping his arms around her. "It really is breathtaking." He whispered."It sure is." She looked up at him and kissed him softly. They went down to the beach. Taking a closer look at Durdle Door.

Tom kissed Wendy, holding her close. When he freed his lips after a long kiss. He looked her in the eyes. "You came to this place with a broken heart, hurting beyond anything. But even though you came here in those dark times, you saw its beauty and fell in love. I know I said this to you so many times already. But I'm sorry, I will never forget how stupid I was to just leave you alone. I should've fought harder, I should've known something was wrong." Wendy wanted to say something, but Tom put a finger on her lips. He smiled a warm smile, full of love and admiration. "This place is beautiful, you are beautiful my love." He took something out of his pocket. "Let this place be the place where our lives together begin, let's make this a place with happy memories." He went down on one knee. Holding a pink golden ring, there was no big shiny diamond but a beautiful pearl and small ruby stones imbedded in two little leaves. He looked up at her. His eyes full of love, hope." A special ring, for the most special woman I've ever met." Wendy looked at Tom, a tear run down her cheek. She was so happy. "Will you do me the honour of taking me for your husband?" He held out the ring, Wendy could only stare at him and the ring "Yes!" She said ever two full minutes kissing him passionately.

It's not easy planning a wedding when one is of abroad half of the time and the other one is busy making chocolate. But somehow they managed to pull it off. Wendy her siblings came two days before the wedding. All happy and exited. Except Gina and her mother, she didn't invite them.

"Why won't you invite your mother love? Tom asked her more than once. Her answer was always the same." We must surround ourselves with people who love us and want us to be happy. She will ruin our day with her remarks and coldness ." "Your mother called more than once to apologise.." "Tom, please stop." Wendy said after the millionth time they had this conversation. "She can call, come over as many times as she likes. She will never be forgiven or allowed in this house, let alone our lives. To mush has happened schat, so please stop asking." "She was here?" Wendy sighed. "Yes, you were working, she admired the front door for awhile, I never answered it. But she knew I was home."