Chapter 12: Home sweet home

Wendy pushed Tom softly away. "I'm sorry Tom, I shouldn't have done that." She looked at him. He felt slightly hurt. "What do you mean, love?" He whispered. "Kissing you back, If you think about it this goes a bit too fast." "Fast?" "Yes Tom, the first night we both had a great time but also a bit too much to drink. That made me do things I would never have done if I was sober." Tom sighed "You think we're going to fast?" He sounded a little sad. "Yes, let us get to know each other first. Friends?" He smiled "Okay friends." He gave her a kiss on the cheek and left.

The next morning Wendy received a text.
"Good morning, friend ;) Would you like to go get some coffee?"- Tom

Wendy couldn't help but smile, what a nice way to wake up.

"Sorry I'm going to look at the apartment Francis found for me, another time? Friend ;)- Wendy
":'( "-Tom

Wendy laughed. She got out of bed. Maybe a bit too fast, her head was spinning. She lost her balance and had to sit on the bed again. She got up again, this time she felt alright.

"Morning Teddy, Jeremy." She yawned while stretching her arms above her head. "Morning sleepy head." Jeremy smiled. "I didn't know kissing makes you so tired Wendy. You should practise more." Francis grind, giving her a knowing look. "Oh shut up Francis." She said. "Is he that bad? Or no you totally suck!" He winked. "Tom and I are just friends. We are going to take it slow." She said "So you will be single till you're forty?" Francis laughed. "Yes."She simply answered while sitting at the table.

"So are you ready to see your new place?" Jeremy asked while putting the dishes in the dishwasher. "Totally, the sooner Francis leaves me alone the better!" "You still love me!" Francis shouted from the living room. Wendy nodded her head an shrugged her shoulders at Jeremy "I do, but I can't help it" She whispered. Jeremy gave her a knowing smile.

"Are you to conspiring against me?" "Yes" they said in unison. They all had to laugh about that. "Go get ready Wendy, I have a key with your name on it."

To Wendy her surprise they didn't go the apartment Francis described. Instead they walked two streets and they stood in front of a Victorian house. Wendy looked at it, wide eyed and her jaw was somewhere on the ground. The house was white with beautiful bay windows. The door was a dark red and on the windowsills there where blush pink flowers. Wendy always loved those old houses. She only saw the outside and was in love with it.

"Come on, let's go in." Francis couldn't help his enthusiasm when he saw his dear friend her reaction. He wanted to know what she would do when she saw the inside. They walk inside. The hallway was small but bright with a designer mirror on the wall reflecting the light. Wendy looked up at the ceiling. There it was, those beautiful period details. She had a big smile on her face while Francis pushed her gently towards the living room. It must have been two rooms once, know it was a nice spacious living area with a fire place. A nice, think fluffy rug, inviting sofas and a wooden bookshelf the rest of the furniture where light wood or glossy white. This was Wendy. A mixture between old and new. She simply loved the light yellow walls. But she stopped breathing when she saw it. Her hearts missed a beat. At the end of the room, in front of the French doors looking out on to the little courtyard. Stood a magnificent piano. She didn't even realised she missed playing that mush until she locked eyes with it.

She turned around to Francis, Wide eyed. "What is this Francis? I can't afford this! What are we doing here?" She didn't understand. With her budget she couldn't afford a place like this. "Come on let us look at the rest of the house!" He said pushing her in to the open plan kitchen. Wendy couldn't understand what they were doing in that palace of a house. The house had four bedroom and two bathrooms. Why would she need so mush rooms? She loved the master she could live in the master bedroom. She would die in it a happy woman.

After the grand tour of the grand house. Wendy still didn't understood. "Francis..." She began "This is for you chocolate bean." He jumped up and down in his excitement while giving her an envelope. Wendy took out the letter

My Dear little girl

You have no reason to be proud of your mother or me. We weren't the best parents in the world. You and your siblings deserved better. We only wanted the best for you, we just didn't know why you, most of all resented us.
Looking back I have many regrets, made many mistakes If I could I go back and change it. I can see now why you dislike us. My darling girl, just know you are my greatest accomplishment. You stand up for what you believe in, you follow heart even when you go against our wishes. When you fall you get up and move on with grace and dignity. I wish I could give you a better life. But I can't. At dinner your mother failed in her most important task of all, being a mother. She was never good at it. But that was the last thing I could bare from her. Nothing I do now or say now can make up for the past. But I hope you will accept my gift. This house is for you. I hope your new life in London will be all you deserve and more.

Love, Dad.

Tears where rolling from her cheeks while she read the letter from her father. She took her phone and rang her dad. But he didn't answered.

"You're best dad in the world, you always have been, I'm sorry. I love you"- Wendy

So she send him a text instead.