Chapter 25: Papa-razzi

"Tonight we have some great guests lined up for you ladies and gentleman." The host started his show. "Our first guest of tonight is Tom Hiddleston!" The audience applauded and cheered when Tom came up. He waved and smiled politely. "Good to see you again sir" Tom greeted the host. "Nice to have you here again." They shook hands and took a seat.

"So Tom a lot of things happened since the last time we saw you here." Tom moved on his chair, straightening his tie. "So you have been working on a play for charity. You work with a lot of well known actors, like Gaston Allen." "Yes, it's a great honour to work with him and all the others. I'm very humble to be able to work with them." Tom started to talk a little about the play and the charity it is for. He answered the host questions with ease, confidence and humour.

"The last couple of months and days we saw some photos and headlines of you." The host looked at the screen behind him. All the photos taken of him and Wendy together where on it. Together in Bruges, having dinner, coming laughing and smiling from the doctor. Wendy arriving back in London after the wedding. They were all there. "We know you don't really talk about your personal life but..." The host looked at Tom waiting. Tom moved on his chair again. "No I normally don't." He looked at the photos. Mixed emotions. "But all that." He sighed "Doesn't affect me alone." He felt silent. "To answer all those questions." He pointed at the photos. "We are not together, any more. We broke things of before we knew she was pregnant. We are close friends and I will always be there for her and the baby, no matter what." He fell silent again. He looked at the photo of Wendy at the station. "She is having my baby, she is not some rare animal at the zoo." He got angry when he saw how scared she was. "So I want to ask to leave her alone, all those cameras for instance." He pointed at the photo." She was so scared, the stress is not good for her. So please leave her alone." He almost started to whisper, looking at his hands.

"Thank you Tom." The audience was silent at the end of his interview. All looking at Tom. Tom smiled it didn't reach his eyes.

Wendy watched the interview, a tear rolling down her cheek. Tom was all she thought about. The way he looked, so sad. The way he talked about her, with love. She knows he loves her. She loves him but she doesn't want to be with him because of the baby. She can't get rid of the fear. The fear of what they have now will be ruined when they are together. The fear of losing the baby. But she also couldn't get rid of the urge she now had, to hold him. She turned off the TV and started to bake, she needed to do something to distract her.

There was a gentle knock on the front door. Wendy closed the oven and answered the knock. "Tom?" "Good evening love." He stepped inside and kissed her cheek.

They sat in silence in the kitchen. "I saw your interview." Wendy looked at him. "You did?" She nodded. "Thank you." She whispered. Tom wanted to take her hand but her oven went off. She raced to her oven to take the chocolate cake out. When Wendy put the cake down to let it cool. She turned around and was suddenly in Tom's arms. "I want you to know, and to believe I'm here for you not only because of the baby. But also because of you. Wendy you are an amazing woman. The first moment I've met you I was..." He got stopped by Wendy who kissed him. "I know, Tom but I can't, not now." She whispered their heads close together. He hugged her. "I have another small present." He said letting her go. "You shouldn't have." "If I want to give our child a present, you can't stop me." he smiled. She smiled back unwrapping the gift. " The Jungle book DVD and book! I love that story Baloo is my second favourite bear" Tom couldn't help but laugh at that. It was one of his favourite story growing up. "Only your second? Who's the first? He kept laughing. "Winnie the pooh of course" She smiled.

"Would you like to watch?" She looked at Tom. "It's for the baby." "Well we'll watch it for the baby then." He shook his head, taking the DVD to put in the DVD player. Wendy never saw the film in English before so she could only sing the songs in Flemish. Tom sang the songs in English and turned at her belly while singing them. Wendy thought it was cute, it also hurt I little seeing him like this. Why does she makes it so complicated for both? She didn't know.