Chapter 31: The award goes to

Hello everyone, if you readthe story so far, i hope you like it! Please comment, vote if you like. I liketo know what you're thinking! This chapter is longer than most of the others. butthe is near! Maybe one chapter or maybe two left! and a epilogue! Thank you forreading! Enjoy!

The old bakery was perfect. The kitchen had, to redone and the shop itself to. But the work space was big and had a lot of light. It even looked out on a little courtyard! Wendy was sold. Within two weeks, a lot of looking around, making lists and doing the math. She bought the property.

"You are going to leave me? Both of you?" Francis stood with his mount wide oopen when Wendy told him about the shop. "Yes, but of course we can still work together." She said quickly looking at her friend. He shook his head. "I can't believe it. You are finally going to do this?!" He started to laugh, hugging them both. "That's great news! Well you are stealing my boyfriend away, witch is mean. But that's fine. You are opening your own chocolate shop!" He jumped up and down in excitement. Wendy laughed. Happy he took it so well. "We are going to keep working for you until the renovations are done." "I'm happy to hear that, the award shop i coming up and I need your help!"

In the kitchen of the venue hung a big screen. So everyone could follow the starts arriving, and hearing most of the interviews. Francis was on edge the whole day while prepping for the dinner afterwards."Calm down Teddy." Wendy hissed while Francis hovered over her, giving her instructions. "I know what I'm doing, so please bother someone ells!" He looked at her, his cheeks turning red. "I'm sorry, it just such an important evening." He apologised. She sighed. He meant something ells and she knew it. "I'm not going out there Teddy. So I won't see him, or he me for the matter so please calm down. "He still asks about you." He sighs. "You can't avoid him forever you know." "I know Teddy, but I did a great job so far. considering we live in the same area." Jeremy looked up from his work. "I don't understand why you avoid him." He looked at both of them "You still love him, he loves you." Wendy felt her stomach turn, hearing those words. "Don't look like that Wendy, you know he does. He told you more than once." He furrowed his brows.

"It's not that simple Jeremy" She sighed. "If it was, I would be there." She pointed at the screen. Francis went back to work as well. "You know something I don't." Jeremy whispered a while later. "Don't play dumb, You know something for a while know and you don't want to tell me." He didn't said it angry, He just didn't understand what has happened. "Now is not the time Jeremy." Thy went back to work. Francis tried to focus.

The celebrities started to arrive for the main event. The red carpet was filled with people wearing flowing, sparkling gowns, and nicely tailored tuxedos. People where shouting names and asking questions. occasionally laughed or greeted a friend in the middle of an interview. Wendy looked up when she heard that Tom arrived. Her heart sank when she saw who his date was. Lucy...

The host of the show was funny and witty. He talked a lot, making jokes aout the guest and introduces the people presenting the awards. The speeches of the lucky person who won where short, heartfelt and sometimes funny. The show went on and it was time for the award Tom got nominated for.

There were four short video clips of the four nominees.

Francis, Jeremy and Wendy all stopped working, looking at the screen. Her heart skipped a beat when she saw Tom in his seat, waiting for the announcement. He looked, calm and relaxed, super hot. But Wendy knew he was nervous. He did that thing with his tongue. She smiled when she saw that.

"And the award goes to, TOM HIDDELSTON!" There was applause, cheering, even in the kitchen. Tom smiled and stood up walking at the stage to accept his award.

He laughed nervously. He started to thank his mother and the rest of his family. The people who he worked with. But suddenly the microphone fell out. mid speech. Tom looked around not knowing what to do and suddenly trough the speakers a familiar voice starting to say.

"Dark chocolate, raspberry, mint, pumpkin, ginger, milk or white..."
*knocking, door opens*
"Hello, Lucy? What are you doing here?"
"Hello Wendy."
*Door closing*
"I came to see how you were doing love, I've heard the news, you poor child!"
*Silence...*
"Uhm, that's very kind of you?" Uncertainty in Wendy's voice.
"You must be very sad, losing a second child? It is your second right?" Lucy laughed, mean.
"O dear girl, I have to ask. Did you like that drink?"
"What drink?" Wendy asked confused
" Your special drink, the one I gave you at the party. It did wonders did it not?"
*Silence...*
"You did something in my drink, the one you gave to me?"
"Yep" Lucy said with a plopping sound.
"You drugged it?"
"Smart girl! You should become a detective!" Lucy laughed, hollow.
"You filthy, fucking bitch!" Wendy said, voice shaking with anger, hurt.
"Come, come now Wendy love, watch the language."
"You killed my baby!" Despair and pain in her voice.
"I did, But I did you a favour doing it."
"How is killing my baby doing me a favour!" Wendy cried.
"Tom is mine, you dare the come between us. Unable to keep those damn legs closed. Little whore. So I had to do something. He was totally blinded by you. Saying he loved you, while he should love me!" Lucy sneered.
"You killed Tom his son because you couldn't get Tom to love you?!" unbelief, anger, hurt you could hear it all in her voice.
"What did you say?" Lucy said shocked.
"You killed his son." Wendy said again, calmer this time "He doesn't know it was a boy, I kept it from him. Losing a baby hurts but It hurts even more knowing what you lost."
"So why tell me?" Lucy said angry
Now Wendy laugh a little
"You have to live with it now to Lucy. knowing you just didn't kill a baby, but a boy. Can you imagining Tom his little boy?" Wendy said this with angry sobs.
"I don't care!" Lucy yelled. "Tom will be mine!"
"He didn't love you before, why should he love you now?
"Because you are going to break his heart, then he will be at my mercy"
"Why would I want to break his heart?"
Lucy laughed
"Do you love Tom, Wendy? Do really love him?
*Silence*
"Yes." Wendy said softly "Yes I love him."
"Good, then you don't want something to happen to him do you?"
"No"
"Let him go, leave him alone and he will be fine."
"And if I don't?" You could hear the pain in her voice
"Well, just remember what I did to that baby of yours." Lucy laughed again while leaving.
Wendy cried.

The audience was silent, Tom stood there, he couldn't move. Security came in and took Lucy away. She screamed and shouted like a mad woman, kicking while she got dragged away.
In Tom's head everything fell into place. The puzzle he couldn't solve. Lucy came after Tom had left Wendy. He remembered that day in the hospital clearly.

He was shocked at what he heard. But the most important thing was that Wendy loves him. He suddenly shook his head like he was waking up. He just ran off the stage, leaving the award behind. After all who cared about that?

Wendy sat on the ground in the kitchen. Crying, shocked. She didn't know what happened, how did that happen? She felt relieved the truth was out, but she was scared at the same time.

The doors opened and Tom was sitting next to Wendy, his arms around her. She kept crying. "I'm so sorry." She said sobbing, leaning her head against Tom his chest. "Don't be, you did nothing wrong my Love."