Chapter 30: The return and new beginnings

After what happened at the hospital. Tom felt broken. He lost a lot in a matter of days. He knew he loved Wendy. When they met, he thought she was special. Since that day his life got turned upside down. His heart started to beat faster every time he thinks of her.

Now he sat on his mother couch. Holding a cold cup of tea.

"My dear boy." His mother put a hand on his leg. " She needs time, that's all." "She said I only loved the idea of us mom, But I love her." He sighs, looking at his hands. "I just got a text from Francis telling me she left her phone home. We don't even know where she is!" He looked at his mother, worry written all over his face. "Wendy went through a lot Tom. This is her way of coming to terms with it." Diana looked at her son, she hated to see him like that. But there is not mush to be done about it. "I've lost that baby to mom. We could support each other but she pushed me away. She literally run away!" !"He looked down at his hands. Looking intently at what he held in them

When Wendy came back from her little trip. She was gone for two months, deciding while she had a car to go to France. She went to Normandy to Le Havre, Honfleur and Rouen. Wendy drove further to Bretagne visiting Quimper and going to Carnac. From there she went to Limoges on her way to Paris to visit her old mentor.

She had a great time, driving alone looking around. Wendy went the vineyards and bought wine, local produce and soon her car was full. Her suitcase got a new spot, next to her on the passenger seat.

In Paris her old mentor was delighted to see her again after all these years. Wendy even worked with him for a couple of days, like good old times. They worked well together. He inspired her and she got her passion back. The feeling she was alive again.

She sat by the window in a nice little café enjoying her hot chocolate and a nice fresh croissant, while looking at la tour Eiffel . At the table next to hers sat a small group of teenagers. "Mon dieu!" One of the girls exclaimed while looking at her phone. "Look at this? Tom Hiddelston was spotted with Lucy! It says they went on a date." Wendy looked away from the window. "I do not believe it." Another girl said taking the phone. "They do not look in love, at least not him." "Non, non How could he? After what happened with the other girl?" The third one agreed. "I do not believe Tom could do something like that." The first girl concluded. "Oh and look at this! He is nominated for an award!"

Wendy smiled, hearing the conversation of the girls. It wasn't a happy smile but she really didn't know how else to react, hearing such news. She drank her hot cocoa and left. Getting in to her car, driving to Calais. It was time to go home.

She didn't went home straight away, she went to Francis first. Wendy knew she had hurt him and he probably was a little upset when she just left like that. She stood at his door. Taking a deep breath. For Some reason Wendy felt a little nervous.

"Wendy!" Francis exclaimed hugging her tight. "Come in, come in!" He pulled her inside his house. When the door closed he turned to her looking very angry. "How dear you to leave like that! Everyone was worried sick!" He crossed his arms. Wendy held her hands in the air "I'm sorry, I needed to be alone." She felt guilty. "But I have something to make amends." She held a bottle of wine and a box of her new chocolate creations." I made a little detour for the wine." She added sheepish, Francis looked. "You went to France?" He was surprised. Wendy nodded "Drove to Dorset first then back to Dover, took a ferry to Calais and from there I just kept going." Francis smiled, he swore to be angry, very angry at Wendy for almost giving him a heart attack. But he failed to so, he loved her to mush.

"Tell me everything." They went to the kitchen where Jeremy was listening at the conversation. He hugged her when she came in. Held her by the shoulders and took a good look at her. "Good to see you Wendy." "Nice to see you again, little minion." She winked. They all laughed, the rest of the tension that was between them was gone.

Wendy started to tell about her road trip. The things she has seen, the people she had met. The way she talked, so animated and happy made her friend relax. He knew looking at her like that, Wendy is back, his little chocolate bean. "And" She finished her story. "I went to Paris to see Peirrot again. We came up with these." She pointed at the box. "It's perfect for the winter, the flavours are unbelievable." They opened the box. The delicate chocolates looked too good to eat. Francis took one out, closed his eyes and took a bite. "Genius" Was all he said while eating.

"So are you going to see him?" Francis asked after a short silence. Wendy looked down of a moment. She knew he was going to ask her about Tom but still, it hurts. "No , I'm not. He is better off without me." Both Jeremy and Francis sighed "He's not. But if you want to believe that." Jeremy looked annoyed at her. He can't believe she throws him away like that.

Francis just looked sad and hurt. "Are you going to come back to work? We work at the award show. I know you might not want to. But I can use a fish lady."

Wendy had seen Tom once, from a distance, When she was doing groceries. He looked good, really good. It had upset her a little seeing him. It hurts she wanted to talk to him. Telling him she's sorry. But she couldn't it's better this way.

So instead Wendy focused on work. She and Jeremy made a good team. It was nice being back. They had a lot to do. She didn't mind. It kept her busy.

"Would you still like to have your own little shop someday?" Jeremy asked her one day. She looked up at him, surprised he remembered that. "Yes, I never gave up on that dream." "Why haven't you, started your own business yet?" She shrugged her shoulders . "I wanted to be able to pay for it myself I think. My parents had a lot of money. I'm sure my dad would've loved to give it to me. But I wanted to pay with money I worked for myself. Why do you ask?" He smiled at her. "I've seen this shop it's not far from here. It was a bakery but they retired. It's not big but I know you can make the shop of your dreams in it."

Wendy didn't know what to say. She loved the idea. staring something of her own. She was quiet for some time, thinking. "If I do this, start a shop. Will you come with me?" "Of course!" Jeremy exclaimed enthusiastically. A wide smile appeared on Wendy's face. "Francis might kill us." She said laughing. "Show me tomorrow?"