CHAPTER 12

"I am fed up with this series of event scandal" Husna gruffed.

"I found it captivating though"said Ya Husna's friend; Saddiqa. She came over for the wedding. It's Thursday and that remains one day for the wedding to be solemnized.

"Do you want me to be sentimental?" Husna huffed, rolling her eyes.

"Can you please stop nagging and have your bathe, the make up artist is surely on her way, for the kamu preps" Saddiqa said, sniggering.

"Hey! don't call me a nagger, you're obnoxious. Where on earth did Nabila went to? I need her, she's way much better than you. You're just a pain in the neck" said groggy Husna, irritatingly.

"And you still love me!" Saddiqa smirked, sticking her tongue out at her.

"Don't make me instigate on this marriage" Husna threatened.

"Haha, says the sentimental bride"

Husna just hissed and entered the toilet. She took a soothing shower, performed her ablution and exited the bathroom. Only to see a tray of food kept by god knows who.

She was graciously munching on her food when the make up artist came in.

"Hussy amarya, let me allow you to finish your food, the way you're eating it emanates you're famished" Aunty Lara stated and giggled.

"Yes Aunty Lara, since breakfast"

"Eyyah, that's why you look scrawny"

"Ohk Aunty, lets get started"she said friskly.  "before they eat us alive" she smirked.

"Ohk wooo"

She wore her traditional attire; wrapper and blouse with another wrapper on her head.

"OMG! Husna is that you?"asked Anty Murjanat, Mama's sis; stupefiedly. "You look stunning, masha Allah. God I'm out of words Allah"

Aunty lara smiled triumphantly.

The cars arrived. Mama called Ummi and warned her not to be late because it's a puritanical streak of not being late outside; if not its Ya Husna's wedding.

"Ohk Mama, insha we wont stay long. We'll be back as soon as the event is over"

"Ehen i forget, Hajia Hafsa; your father's friend's wife has arrived with her son. You should take his food to him, he's in Yusuf's room"Mama ordered, thrusting a tray to her.

"Ohk Mama, till we're back."

***

Knock! knock!! Knock!!! She knocked for the third time before she heard someone uttered "come in" groggily.

She pushed the door, who she saw made her eyes stiffened and hair-raising.

There..... is a structure of a young guy on a prayer mat emanating he just finished praying.

He looked up baffled, startled and petrified.

"You!?" he accentuated.

She entered the room and sat on a sofa, drop the tray on the bed side drawer.

"Yes, but how comes?" she drawled.

"So you're Baba Abakar's daughter?" he smirked.

"This turned into a real hum dinger" she grinned.

For some seconds, the room was hushed before she broke the silence.

"Uhmmm, let me go, they've already left for the kamu. I have to search for Malam Ummaru" she spoked haltingly, worriedly looking at her wristwatch.