CHAPTER 15

"Fiánce?? Did you hear what you're saying Ummy? How can a secondary school graduate be betrothed" Ummi asked in her sombre mood, gazing at Al-amin's car which leaves now.

"Yes she says he's her fiánce, and she meant it. Wether she's lying or not, but she sounds serious. Don't worry my kawa everything will be alright insha Allah" said Ummy, trying to placate her because she's now fuming with rage.

She didn't utter a single word and gloomily scrambled to the garden. She gazed at the peacocks moving around ruminatively when a sound chirped in her thought. It was her phone's ringtone.

She looks at the caller ID and ignored the call. It is Al-amin calling, what will he tell her? That he was betrothed or the girl she might saw clinging to him is his fiáncee?, She don't have time for this.

She heard the adzan called for isha prayer that's when she realized she has spent almost 2hrs here all alone. she know they most be worriedly looking for her now.

***

"Assalamu Alaimkum" she salaamed as she entered the room meant for yan matan amarya (brides maids).

"OMG!!! Ummi you made us worry, where did you went to? We've looked for you in every crevice and corner in this house" Ummy and Meeno stated, grievancely.

"Sorry guys, i was at the garden, very close to the parking area i guessed you didn't check their huh?"

"Yeah, we never know there is a garden in this house, we would've check. Anyway we're glad you're back" they said hugging the life out of her.

"Hey girls, it's ok please i want to pray" she chuckled, making them laugh.

She advanced to the toilet, perform ablution and exit. When she finished praying only Meeno was in the room checking something in her phone, she looked up and saw she've finish.

"Yauwa Aysha, Ummy told me something, we need to talk babe. Come over here" she gestured the space beside her.

"Ohk Amina, i'm all ears" she uttered when she sat down.

"She said that girl is Al-amin's fiáncee and her name is Lailah?"she asked to confirm.

She just nodded because she don't want the tears she had been holding back to cascade. And they are close to.

"Look Aysha, you have to be strong, i know it must hurt. Fight for what you love, don't just sit down and watch her taking him. You have to fight!. And i don't believe her sef, may be she's just crushing or she even loves him, that's why she will just cook up this huge lie. We have to first confirm it from him, that's when we will take action dear. But for today, don't pick his call nor reply his messages because you might say something bad" said Meeno placatingly, trying to soothe her because she knows her friend is when she's angry.

"Ok Meeno, i'll not insha Allah. But this thing really transmogrify me, what if she was telling the truth?, what if he betrays me, he already have the one he loves i'm just his sidechick? what if......." she just trailed off and burst into tears.

"Innalillahi Ummi please stop crying, that bitch is not worth your tears. Be brave as always Aysha, please do this for me. I don't want the bride maids to be asking why are you crying and all. Just snub him in your heart for now, you can do this. You're THE BRAVE GIRL."said Amina patting her shoulders.

"It's okay Meeno, insha Allah. I love you besty. I'll just sleep" she sniffs and hug her.

"No let me get you something to eat first"Meeno sterned and exited the room, smiling at something in her phone.

***

"Sorry Aysha, i only got this snacks, the groom's family will bring the food soon, so have this first" Meeno stated, thrusting a tray of doughnut, meatpie and cup of milk to Ummi.