CHAPTER 24

The music was blasting the room, bottles of wine were sprawled on the floor, he look frustrated and ruminative. She must surely pay for what she did, how dare her?!.

He screamed out of anger, that caught Miss Eliza's attention, she scutled to his room.

"What happen?" She asked, yanking the bottle of wine from his mouth. "Why all this, Laith?" She added, sitting beside him.

"Mom, she must pay for what she did, i've never feel humiliated like that." He answered, resting his head on her laps.

"Who's she? What has she done?" Miss Eliza asked, bamboozled.

"She's a new girl in our school." He answered, closing his eyes. He don't want to reminisce that moment. "Mom, she slapped me." He added through gritted teeth.

"OMG! What? What happen? You might did something bad, Laith." Miss Eliza blurted, hoping her son is not into another trouble again. "Hope you didn't do something bad to her, Laith." She asked again.

"I-I did nothing wrong Mom." He stuttered, sitting upright. "Trust me, not again." He added, holding her hands.

"What happened?" She sterned. She doesn't want any trouble again, and her son is not helping matters.

"You see... I talked to her, but she answered laconically. So I yanked her with her veil and that reveal her long hair." He closed his eyes. The hair was endearing. "I hold her hand and she abruptly slapped me, her boyfriend came and punched my hand." He added, fuming with rage.

"You did wrong Laith, you shouldn't have hold her hand." Miss Eliza spoke, softly. She hold his hands. "It's not the teachings of your religion, Laith."

"But Mom..."

"Let me finish, you father; never for once hold my hands until i was officially his." She said, holding back her tears. She grisp his hand, "You should've practice your religion teachings, be like your father. He's a religious man." She added.

"But Mom, i just wanted to say Hi, why will she snub me?" He said, grivancely. "And she most pay for this slap. Wallahi." He added, standing up, he need to do something for this girl.

"Where do you think you're going? Come back here." And she yanked him back on the bed. "You should exercise patience my dear. Afterall, she has the right to slap you, why will you hold her hand?" She added. "Aren't you a good Muslim?"

"I am Mom, but i just like the girl."

"That doesn't gave you the guts, Laith." Miss Eliza said, advisingly. "You should apologize to her tomorrow."

"What?! Mom, No!" He blurted, looking at her, startled. "How can i apologize? She is the one that slapped me." He added. "She must pay for this Mom."

"I beg you, Laith. Don't harm that girl." She pleaded. He hate seeing his mother like this, she've had enough. It's her time to laugh, not to cry anymore.

"Ok Mom, don't cry please." He hug her, His Mum is his world. May Allah have mercy on you Dad. He blurted.

"Aimen." She answered, chuckling at how she pronounced the word. "How many times will i tell you to stop drinking, Laith? It's injurous to your health, talkless of the sin you got yourself into." She added, accusingly looking at him.

"I was left with no choice, Mum." He said, head hung low.

"You should've come to me, not to drink." She said, combing his hair with her hand. "You should stop please, it hurts seeing you like this. I feel like i've not hold unto the promise i made to your Dad."