CHAPTER 14

"What!?" She asked; frissonly, baffled, petrified and startled.

"I'm telling you, just wake up and bathe before his mother come in and take a glimpse of her daughter-in law" Ummy answered, sniggering. "And if you like, you can go and ask Mama wether i'm telling the truth or not"

Ummi gave her a sullen glare and fretfully pull her self up from her bed and exited the room, without uttering a single word. She was out of words sef.

She prowled the obstreperous rooms and parlours of the house, scrutinizing every crevice and corner looking for Mama when a voice called her name and she halted in front of Mama's quest room.

"Ummi is that you? you've grown up Masha Allah" the woman asked, grinning from eye to eye.

She looked up and her throat quenched. The woman sitting at the edge of bed gisting with Mama is a replica of her not-sure husband; smiling at her.

"Yes Mami i'm the one, Good morning." She answered fretfully, feigning a smile. She greeted Mama "Ummi make sure you look for me in 10mins time" Mama said sternly.

"Ok Mama" She answered tentatively and Sauntered back to her room; ruminatively.

She entered the room and sprawled on her bed. She can only hear their hubbub under hypnosis when Ummy barged in.

"Amarsu ta Ango, you should get your self ready by now" She smiled cockily.

"Just leave me alone Ummy, or else you'll see my otherside. You should try me and see" Ummi threatened.

"Ahhh! Don't panic baby, I'm sorry. give me his digits so that i can call him, may be he can soothe you" Ummy giggled, scavenging for Ummi's phone.

"Don't you dare call him, I want to be alone, just leave my room" She hissed and yawed from their side.

"Pele yuye(sorry baby)" they ecoed and sauntered out of the room, sniggering. They suppose to be angry but why are they laughing? her inner conscience asked.

She gazed at the window pensively when the door creaked ajar and Mama intrudes. DOOM!!! Her heart beats beneath her lungs. If she will be taken to the hospital tasan ba hawan jini ba har hawan ruwa ynxu tana dashi.(if she will be taken to the hospital she know she doesn't only have hypertension but also watertension).

Mama curiously looked at her and sits beside her." Whats wrong with you Ummi?" She asked sympathetically, patting her shoulders.

"I'm okay Mama" she answered haltingly, her voice tremulous. She yanked from her side, avoiding her gaze.

"Ummi you're not! I'm your mother you should tell me, who can you tell if not your mother. I'm your best friend and secret beholder right? So just tell me my dear"

"Is it true that they......"she trailed off.

"Yes my dear the wedding had been solemnized.We should all take heart, you should go and bathe before visitors started trooping in" Mama answered.

"Mamaaa!"she blurted and started crying.

"What is it Aysha?"Mama asked, baffled at her sudden outburst.

"Whose wedding Mama?" she stuttered in between sobs.

"Husna's own, get up! Even the Amarya is not this sentinental" Mama teased and laughed. "Just go and bath, i'll send Zulai with your breakfast"

"Ok Mama, thank you" she hushed and entered the toilet, wiping away her sentimental tears with her thumb.

***