Dinner

After the recon mission of the DNAlien base they all went to bens house. They all walked in to be greeted by sound of cooking. Everyone walked in through the front door into the living room.

"Hey sport." Carl said. He was looking at a newspaper. "I can never read these papers. Ben do you mind reading me the titles." He asked. He looked up and saw them. "Oh. Hey rook. What are you doing her?" Carl asked.

"I am with max on a business trip. Remember." Rook said.

"Oh right. Forgot you came here with dad." Carl said. He saw mikoto. "And who might you be?" He asked.

"Oh. I'm Mikoto. Mikoto Misaka." Mikoto said. She put out her hand. Carl took her hand and shook it. "Well. I should be going. It was nice meeting you mr. Tennyson."

"No. Why don't you stay. Sandra's in the kitchen cooking some burgers. Are you ok with that?" Carl asked. Mikoto looked at ben. Ben just nodded his head.

"Uh... yes." She said a little questioningly.

"Great. I'll go tell Sandra we have guests." Carl said. With that he went into the kitchen.

"Good. You accepted. My dad wouldn't have let you leave. Better if you just accept." Ben said.

"Do not worry. Mrs. Tennysons cooking is great. If I am to eat any human food I would definitely want Mrs. Tennyson to cook it. No offense ben." Rook said. Ben shrugged.

"Nothing beats my mom's cooking. I mean. Who do you think Taught me to cook." Ben said. A little while later everyone was sitting at the table eating. Jenna and ben sat next to each other. They seemed to eat in similar manners and both of their faces were covered in ketchup, mustard, and chili from the burgers and chili fries. Brenda looked at them and shook her head.

"Animals." She said. Mikoto giggled at ben and how messy his face was. Ben looked at her after wiping his face with a napkin.

"What?" He asked.

"Nothing." She said with a smile.

"So how do you ben?" Sandra asked Mikoto.

"Uhm. Well several ways. I go to school with the triplets at tokiwadai middle school, ben saved me from some..." she thought for a moment. "Ruffians. Then I helped some scientist with bens ability test." Mikoto said.

"Ahh! That's my boy. Always helping anyone in need." Carl said he ruffled up bens hair.

"Ability test. I remember ben telling us about that. He said he was what your scientist called a 'gemstone'. Now what is that?" Sandra asked.

"A gemstone is someone who is born with a esper ability. They don't have to go through a power development program to get there ability. They call them gemstones because of how rare it is to have been born with a esper ability." Mikoto explained.

"So ben what is your ability called? How does it work? I don't remember you telling us." Carl asked.

"Uh. Well my ability hasn't been named yet. Because their still testing me to see how strong and what all I can do with it. But basically I can absorb energy. I can't release it though. What their wanting to see is what happens when I'm at full capacity. What if I gain even more energy. After that they'll name my ability and rank me and finally release my ability to the public." Ben said. Carl nodded with what he said. They talked through out the dinner. Sandra seemed to notice how Mikoto looked at ben. After dinner ben sat in the living room. Mikoto was about to head out the door when Sandra caught her.

"Wait. It's dark out. It's dangerous to go out alone." She said to Mikoto. She turned to the living room. "Ben why don't you walk with Mikoto to her home." Sandra said. Mikoto became bright red.

"Miss Tennyson it's alright. I can take care of myself there's no need for ben to-" Mrs. Tennyson cut her off.

"Don't worry. Ben doesn't mind right ben?" She asked. Ben looked at his mom.

"But mom! There doing a tv premier of the new sumo slammers movie!" Ben complained. Sandra put her hands on her hips and glared at ben.

"Benjamin Kirby Tennyson! You will be a gentlemen and walk Mikoto home. Do you understand me." She said. Ben got a little scared. She was giving him the mom glare.

"Yes ma'am." Ben said. He got up and looked at the triplets who were sitting on the couch. "Record sumo slammers for me please." Ben said. Brenda nodded. Ben went to the door and walked out. Mikoto looked at Mrs. Tennyson. Sandra just winked at her. Mikoto saw this and knew what she had just done. Mikoto turned a bright red before walking out. As they walked they walked in silence. In mikotos head she was debating with herself.

'Should I? No. You'll just embarrass yourself. But what if he says yes. What if he says no. He might hate me. He might not hang out with me again. I don't want that!'she thought to herself.

"Hey. You ok?" Ben asked. This pulled Mikoto from her thoughts.

"Huh?" She asked.

"You looked like you were thinking about something scary. Or at least concerning. Because you had a concerned face and it looked like you were sweating a bit." Ben said.

"Oh. It's nothing." Mikoto said lying.

"Stop. Right there. That's obviously a lie. I know a lie when I see one. Especially after being around kevin so much." Ben said. Ben stepped in front of Mikoto. He bent down a bit so his face was in front of hers. "Now truthfully. What are you thinking about." Mikoto turned a bright red.

"Uh... umm..." she looked down at her feet. And took in a sharp breath. "Here it goes. No going back." She mumbled.

"What?" Ben asked standing back up straight with a confused face.

"Would you like to uh... hang out sometime. Just you and me." Mikoto asked still looking down and red faced. Ben raised his eye brows.

"Like a date?" Ben asked. Mikoto turned a brighter red if it was possible. Then nodded slowly. Ben shrugged. "Sure. Why not. Sounds fun." Ben answered with a small smile.

"Huh?" Mikoto asked. She looked a little confused. He seemed to have been expecting what she just asked.

"Oh. Sorry. I might have bothered Gwen to read your mind for me when we were doing the recon." Ben said with a sly smile. Mikoto turned bright red again.

"Baka!" She yelled and zapped him.

"Ouch!" He yelled from the electric shock. "What was that about?!" He asked.

"Don't ever look in my head again!" She cried.

"Ok. Ok. Geez calm down. I won't bother Gwen to read your mind ever again." Ben said. Mikoto began to calm down. "I'll just read your mind myself as amphibian." Ben said quickly. This earned him a glare from Mikoto. He put up his hands in a calming manner. "Kidding!" He said while smiling. They started walking again. After a while Mikoto tugged on bens coat. Ben looked back to see Mikoto red faced once again.

"Now that we're... dating. Can I hold your hand?" She asked in an embarrassed manner. Ben chuckled and extended his hand out to her. She took it and smiled the rest of the way back to her dorm.