Chapter 10: Turned Tables

Michael was down under the stands eating another bag of skittles, leaning against the wall talking to Gin.

"I see you back out dere a'gin" Gin says smirking as he takes cash from another customer.

"Whatchu talkin' 'bout?" Michael asks raising an eyebrow.

"You got a new girl on yo hip an' shit. I see ha. She fine too" Gin say nodding his head as he leans on the counter.

"She ain't like-- I mean we ain't--"

"Mike" Gin says cutting him off "Say that to somebody who ain't known yo ass for years. I know when you gettin' in tha zone an you ain't had a chick out in public for 'bout damn near two an a half years."

"It ain't nothin, Serious Gin, a'ight?" Michael says wavin it off and pouring the remainder of his skittles into his hand.

"Tell dat to a nigga dat don't know you but a'ight." Michael smirks and shakes his head as he looks over at the entrance seeing Lonnie and her crew come in.

"Shit" Michael says looking away when they connect eyes. "Lemme get my ass back upstairs."

"For-- Ahh a'ight man" Gin and Michael dap before he moves away from the concession stand and towards the ramp but Lonnie is already calling his name.

"So you jus gon keep walkin' Mike when I'm tryna talk to you?" Lonnie asks annoyed.

"That is tha muthafuckin' plan Lonnie to ignore the hell outta yo irritatin' ass."

Lonnie rolls her eyes and catches up to Michael grabbing his arm. Michael snatches from her turning around and staring at her as if she had lost her mind, in which he believe she did because she had the nerve to put her hands on him.

"Lonnie why all of a sudden you got so much shit to say to me? Why afta two years yo ass wanna start poppin' up an shit? Whatchu want? You want money or somethin'?" Michael asks raising his eyebrow and hold out his arms.

"I want to be wit you Mike. I wanna start where we left out. I wanna have a baby!"

Michael, not caring how she would feel, begins to laugh hysterically in her face making Lonnie frown. He tries his hardest to catch his breath but he can't because the laughter just continues to come. He holds his stomach, peeling over, and shaking his head. Finally once it subsides he stands up straight and goes from a laughing smile to a straight face.

"I don't know what tha fuck yo ass been smokin' or whatchu been sippin' on but my head would have to be real fucked up to even think 'bout takin' yo triflin, no good, non loyal ass back. Yo 'round me now cuz you heard that I got anotha chick. You think yo slick but you ain't so whateva you thinkin' you gon pull come off that shit now cuz I ain't havin' it. I ain't got shit to do wit you now quit comin' 'round me like we coo 'cuz we ain't." Michael shrugs and starts to back away before turning around completely to go back up the ramp.

The tables had been turned because now Michael wasn't the one given the cold shoulder or the pain in the chest. Everything had been switched and now Lonnie would be given what she gave to Michael.

To Michael's dismay Kearston and Lina had permanently made their seats by Semaj. Michael skips up the steps and sits next to Kearston who had taken his place. Semaj, who wants to sit next to Michael taps her cousins shoulder giving her the side-eye to move but Kearston just wasn't getting it.

"Oh for the love of God!" Semaj sighs frustrated. "Switch me places!"

Kearston sucks her teeth and rolls her eyes. "That's all yo ass had ta say. Ova here tryna give sign language an shit" Kearston says standing up and Semaj slides over closer to Michael.