Chapter 39: Feel That Heat... II

a/n: I'm sorry if this is cringy asf lol...

------------------------------------------------------------

His lips moved from my ear and kissed back across my jawline, on to my lips, and then he moved away just enough so I could look at his eyes. They had a certain sparkle in them. The same sparkle he had when he confessed that he loved me and when I bought him the jacket.

I lick my lips and think of how quick this all had escalated. Was I seriously going to give in and do it now? Would we even make it all the way before getting interrupted? It was sort of nerve racking. All I know is making him wait and suffer were never my intentions.

"Hey you right here..." he taps my chin getting my eyes attention again from when they had shifted to look at the ground.

"Michael I-- I'm ready," the words come out like vomit. "No more waiting," I add on in a whisper. Why in the world was I whispering? There was no secret.

I'm waiting for the passionate kiss and then for him to throw me over his shoulder and make his way to his bedroom and take me, but it doesn't happen. His lips just curve up into a wide smile, like a lion ready to feast on his prey. He moves himself closer and pecks my lips a couple of times before moving back completely.

He picks up the bag of chips I dropped on the floor and tosses them in my lap. He grabs his and sits down next to me and takes the remote to flip through channels while eating his bag of munchies. I just look from him, to the TV, and back to him.

"That's it?" I know my voice sounded very disappointed. I was disappointed!

After all this time of knowing each other and the kisses that ended up with me being pushed against the wall or brought close to his body... to the time when I was actually naked in front of him! This is what he does when I say I'm willing and ready? He smiles and moves from in front of me? I didn't understand his logic for this at all. At this moment I wanted to be able to read minds, just to see what he was thinking.

He looks over at me and cocks an eyebrow. I scoff and widen my eyes a little bit as to say "finish what you started." I had turned a little aggressive, I was beginning to scare myself.

He raises his eyebrows, looking at me in disbelief. "Semaj," he sighs and chuckles. "The minute I take you upstairs is the minute somebody gon knock on this damn door or ring the doorbell... we was gon get interrupted so ain't no need in me rushin to do somethin that can be done properly and inna nice time frame..." He smiles once again and goes back to watching the TV and eating his munchies.

"Michael if you're trying to give me this story book first time type of thing then no. Sex isn't supposed to be perfect." Was this my indirect way of begging? I wanted to slap myself several times because this wasn't like me. Usually I wouldn't care, why all of sudden did I care?

"You ain't understandin'," he replies sighing and shaking his head but never taking his eyes off the TV.

"I know," I mumble.

I decide to just leave it alone and avert my eyes towards the TV, while opening my bag of munchies but he grabs my hand making me snap my head towards him.

"I'm not tryna take advantage of you a'ight? Just trust me," there he goes with that million dollar smile again. I can't help but to smile and nod my head.

Of course I trust him. I had to.

Michael's POV

I just had to remember that I was doin this 'cuz I actually cared for Semaj and I ain't wanna do her like I would do any otha girl. Especially since this was her first time.