Chapter 52: Frogs in Cereal? And Marriage?

5 chapters left!

------------------------

Even though he wasn't supposed to be driving, once Janelle returned and decided to take a nap and after Simone walked down the street to the Jackson's house James took it upon himself to leave too. After speaking with Willow over the phone and finding out where he was he was set on talking to him today about Marco. Even though Marco told Willow ten minutes, Marco went to care for some other things allowing James to get to Willow first; which was James intentions.

"I thought you said ain't gon be no meetings outside of yo office," Willow says coming out the back of the hospital.

"This is important," James says putting his hand over his side.

"You good man?" Willow asks, furrowing his brows.

"Yeah I'm cool just putting too much strain right there."

"What happened to you?" Willow asks cocking an eyebrow and James sighs.

"Long story," he replies and gestures towards the bench. "Do you have a minute because I need to talk to you?"

"Yea, wassup?" Willow asks going over to take a seat and James limps over sitting at the bench next to him and for the next couple of minutes he explains everything that went down between Marco and him the night he got beat up and not over an hour ago when Marco showed up at his house. Shocked and confused Willow stands up, folding his arms and begins pacing.

" Damn that's fucked up... Marco goin too far... But what you sayin' is we not gon go through with nothing... right?" He asks and James nods his head.

"Semaj is in love with him. Michael isn't my favorite person and I really don't want him dating my daughter but in a way he might be good for her. At least that's what I'm hoping and he looks like he makes her happy. But, he's not that bad after all. He did help me, or else I think I would've got beaten up a lot worse than I did," James says holding out his arms.

"So you're on his side?"

"I just can't hurt Semaj... If I do something and if it gets out in the open she'll never forgive me. I've thought it over and trying to get him out of the picture is only going to end up hurting me. Semaj will never speak to me again and I'm not losing my daughter because of him." James takes a deep breath thinking over what he just said. What did he need revenge on Michael for? The only bad thing Michael had ever done to him was mouth off and that wasn't enough to just throw him in jail for life or worse according to Marco.

"I see," Willow nods his head.

"And I suggest if you're smart then you'd get out of it too..." James stands up taking a step towards Willow. "If you get into it Willow I won't be able to help you. I would advise you to stay away from Marco and drop out of this little plan that he's trying to cook up. Just think about it. Has Michael ever done something so bad that you have to get this sort of revenge on him?" James raises his eyebrows in curiosity. "Why do you dislike him anyway? I know Marco's reason but I've never asked yours."

"'Bout five years ago my older brother was killed. Michael was real tight wit the guys who killed 'em. It's the main reason I decided to become a cop." Willow kisses his teeth and then shrugs. "When it came down to the police askin questions Michael wouldn't say shit. He was protecting his boys. He had to know something."

"How do you know if the boys he was hanging with actually killed your brother?"

"They ain't around now... they in jail and been in jail. They were found guilty."

"What makes you think that Michael actually knew anything? It might be surprising to hear this coming from me but from the way Semaj describes him Michael is not that type of guy. He's all about having loyalty within a relationship but he doesn't seem like the guy who would lie and especially to authorities. That could've got him some serious time if they found out that he was lying... You might want to rethink that whole situation." James smirks and shrugs his shoulders. "I just advise you to steer clear of Marco... unless you want to lose your life too on a stupid act..." and with that James walks away making his way back to his car leaving Willow to actually analyze the whole situation.