Eleven.

why are we;

Jimin woke up when he heard a loud sound forming not far away from him.

"What's wrong?" He rubbed his sleepy eyes as he saw Hoseok squatting down next to the table, picking up the stuffs he dropped.

"Ah, n-nothing," Hoseok said embarrassingly while he recalled how he and Jimin ended up after coming back from the home-party.

Jimin then got down from his bed and walked over to Hoseok, attempting to help him pick up the mess.

"It's okay, Jimin. I-I can do it," Hoseok stopped him.

Jimin noticed how bizarre and the drastic change of Hoseok's attitude, and that is when he knew the reasons behind it.

"Jimin-ah," this time, Hoseok spoke again, earning a stare from his roommate.

"About last night...I'm sorry, I really am." He sincerely apologised, causing Jimin to chuckle vaguely.

"There's nothing to apologise, hyung. You know we can't blame a drunk horse," Jimin joked, trying to make the atmosphere less awkward.

"You really don't mind, for everything I did and said?" Hoseok crook a brow.

"Of course I don't mind, but-" do you mean what you did?

"You know, Jimin...we will always be best friends, no matter what hmm?" Hoseok looked straight into Jimin's eyes, words so sincere that it touches the deepest part of Jimin's heart.

Jimin heaved out a soft sigh, nodding his head slowly in approval.

Not feeling like staying any longer, Jimin stood up and excused himself to wash his dirty clothes in the laundry.

He took what he needed and soon left the site.

Jungkook leaned his head against the wall while waiting for this clothes to dry clean.

24 minutes to be exact for them to fully dried.

So did Hoseok and Jimin ended well? Are they an item now?

Tons and tons of confusing thoughts occupied his mind mercilessly; about to drive him insane.

This is when Jimin who came in with pile of dirty clothes in his arms, interrupted him.

"Hyung.." Jungkook called, making the older who did not notice at first, turned his head to where Jungkook sat.

"Oh bunny, you're here," Jimin chuckled, before placing the clothes into the machine and start washing them.

So many empty spaces available, but Jimin just chose to sit next to Jungkook.

Jungkook body tensed up as he squeezed his legs close to each other, eyes staring down at his feet as if they were so fascinating to him.

"So...did you stay till the end of the party last night?" Jimin started the conversation.

"No..." he answered nonchalantly, "I left after you leave."

"Ahh I see." Jimin nodded.

Jungkook chose to keep quiet as he knew what has happened between Jimin and Hoseok last night, he definitely has no rights to ask further more.

He can't ask; he doesn't want to either.

Awkward silence pregnant, even themselves could heard their own breathing, despite the sound of machines was formed in the laundry room.

"I don't understand...why do we have to fall for a person who is impossible to fall back to us?" Jimin broke the silence.

Jungkook just turned his head to look at him, uncountable questions start forming in his head.

"Why can't we just end up falling for someone who loves us back?" Jimin continued ask.

When he thought his words has fallen onto deaf ears, Jungkook answered, "I don't know either...guess we're all the same."

"What do you mean by we're all the same? You experienced this as well?" Of course, it's you idiot.

Jungkook really did want to answer that, but he knew he can't, if he does, he for sure might scare the shit out of Jimin and the older would stay away.

Jungkook has already made it till this far, this slight friendship of him and Jimin, he would never want to lose it.

"Ahh no no, that's not what I meant," he lied.

"I mean... I know how you felt, some sort of empathising what you feel," he giggled, hoping to hide his flushed cheeks.

Jimin scoffed and shook his head, "sometimes I wonder why're you so adorable?"

Adorable? Did he just say- Jungkook's heart was as if an object was jumping up and down on it and seemed like it wasn't going to stop.

Jungkook rubbed his nape nervously, not knowing how to reply.

"Are you free today?" Jimin be the one who spoke up again.

"I-I guess..." Jungkook nodded slightly.

"Let's hangout, I'm bored."

like this?

Author's note:
Woohooo who's excited