EIGHT

"Thank you, sir. Come again!" I said to the customer that was about to leave. He bowed so I bowed back. "Hay... I'm starting to get tired." I held my neck and rotated my head to massage it. "Hey, Sujeong-ah!"

"You surprised me!" I glared at Sewoon who's standing right in front of the counter. "What are you doing here?"

"I heard about you yesterday, are you okay?" He was exaggerating everything. He even held my head tightly. "Yah! It hurts." I removed his hands from my head. "Are you hurt? Where?" He checked my arms. "I'm okay. Though my tummy still hurts."

"Do you want me to bring you to the hospital?" I rolled my eyes sarcastically and he laughs. "I'm sorry. I should've not left you yesterday." He felt guilty suddenly. "Hey, it's okay. You don't need to feel guilty. I'm okay." I tapped his shoulder. He smiled which made me feel relieved. "Next time, I won't leave you."

"Aigoo, you're exaggerating things again." I threw a poker face towards him. "Seriously, what are you doing here?"

"Can't you see? I'm a customer." I rolled my eyes and faced the monitor. "Sir, good day! Can I take your order?" I smiled and toned my greetings sarcastically. He laughed and ruffled my hair. "You're cute!" I don't know why but my cheeks suddenly went bright red. "Hey, I'm not cute!" I shrugged my head to tone down my emotions. "What's your order, Woon-ah?"

"What do you want?" I threw him a surprised look. "What do you mean?" I was clueless. "I asked you what do you want to eat? My treat."

"No, I'm okay..."

"I said it's my treat." It finally sunk in and I got no choice but to accept it. "Caramel Macchiato."

"Okay, one Java Frappuccino, one Caramel Macchiato plus one chocolate cake and one red velvet cake." I computed all his orders and asked for his payment. He gave his card so I swiped it. "Ten minutes of serving, sir." I bowed and started preparing his order.

After preparing it, I served it to Sewoon, who's sitting along the glass wall, enjoying the scenery of the busy way. "Ehm, excuse me, sir. Here are your orders." He smiled at me and he asked me to sit on the seat across him. "Thank you for this," I said and enjoyed the food he treated to me. "I'm here to ask you later..." I coughed in surprise. He grabbed my iced caramel macchiato and I drank it. "Ask for what?"

"Nothing, I just wanted to spend time with you. You know catch up." I dropped my eyes downwards. "I'm telling you, it's not a date. Don't assume... ouch!" He massaged his head. "I'm not assuming!" He laughed. "You're so defensive." I rolled my eyes. "Let's meet later okay?" He said. "Okay, okay. What time?"

"Just after your work." He smiled and I get it. I checked my time and it's almost one in the afternoon. I finished my food and bid my goodbye to Sewoon, he also left.

❤❤❤

At seven in the evening, my work is finally done. I'm here at the Personnel's Room, changing my clothes when Sewoon, texted me. "Should I pick you up?" I giggled. "No, I can manage. Where's the place?" I replied and in just a while, Sewoon responded. "Here at Subway near your store."

"Okay, I get it. I'll be there in just minutes." I bowed to my boss, saying goodbye and finally went out of the store. As I closed the door, I saw a guy standing in the light post again. It's too far from the store and he's just standing there, leaning his back against the post. He does look familiar but I couldn't see it. It's too dark on that aisle. My phone rang which alarmed me about Sewoon. I opened my bag and started to walk, on the way to the Subway.

"Hello!" I smiled widely when I finally reached the store. I ran towards inside and sat across Sewoon. "I'm sorry for making you wait." I bowed and he just laughed softly. "So what is our business today?" I added. "Let's order some food first." He went to the counter and ordered our food while he didn't let me stand on my seat. "Ta-Da!" He served the food and my eyes automatically went wide. "Wow!" I said and smiled at him. "Thank you Woon-ah!" While eating we talked a lot. About our families, experiences and our life after we got separated and whatsoever. "Oh, wait!" We stopped laughing and he wiped something on my lips. I got surprised with that. "You're so messy." He smiled while I was still stunned by the situation. "Sujeong-ah!" He called out, waking me up. "Ah, yes?"

"I said you're messy when you're eating." He laughed and I followed with an awkward laugh. "I have something to tell you..." Suddenly I'm starting to get nervous. "What is it?" I tried to maintain myself. "If I would court you, would you say yes?" My ears panged and my tongue got stuck. What will I say? Should I say yes? Should I say no? What will I go to say? My head is starting to scramble upon his statement. "Sujeong-ah." He was holding my left shoulder, shaking me. "O-oh, I'm sorry." I bowed to hide my embarrassment. "It's okay if don't answer it. It was just a random question." I laughed awkwardly. "Ah..." I said drank my juice.

❤❤❤

At nine in the evening, Sewoon took me home. I didn't let him in and he understands it. When I was about to go inside, I heard a weak voice asking for a help. I got chills while looking at the place where the sound is coming from. "Help..." I don't know but suddenly I walked towards the place. I'm slowly taking my steps. "Help..." His deep voice is starting to get soften. When I reached the place, my body immediately rushed towards the guy lying on the road, bleeding. "Hey, Jangjun!" I held his hand and his grip suddenly tightens. "Help me..." His voice is getting weaker. I kneeled and hugged him. I lean his head on my shoulder and put all my strength to carry him. I walked slowly until we reach our gate. The gate opens and it was Booseung, who's standing in surprise. "Oppa, help me." He carried Jangjun on his back and brought him to my room. "Why my room?" I asked. "Mom will slap you if she saw a guy lying on our couch." I get what he meant and follows him. "What happened to him?" He asked. "I don't know, I just hear him calling for help." He was already lying on my bed. "Don't worry, I won't say this to mom."

"Just take care of him okay?" I nodded. "And by the way, the kit is in the living room downstairs. The painkillers are on the left corner in the kitchen."

"Thanks, oppa." He finally stepped out of my room. So, I get the kit and the medicine downstairs and went back to start cleaning him. I get one of my towel and a warm water and cleanse him. "What really happened to you?" I asked softly. I looked at the door and it was locked. My gaze diverted to Jangjun again. I put something on his wounds to make it heal faster. I removed his shoes and socks. I hanged his ripped white polo on the bed and his tummy was exposed. There were a lot of bruises. I just bring down his t-shirt and let it heal.

After it, I cleanse all the mess and myself and when I was done, I saw the medicine and the glass of water on the side. "His painkillers." I grabbed one and the water. I put his head to my arms to make his position higher. "Jangjun-ie, here's your med." He slowly opened his mouth so I put the pill on it and let him drink some water. I slowly brought back his position a while ago and let him sleep on my bed.

I sat on the floor and put my arms together on the top the bed. I stared at him. "What happened to you?" I felt sleepy all of a sudden. "What are you doing here in our neighborhood?" My eyes finally closed.