TWENTY ONE

This is the day I looked forward to. Now I can prove myself to my family, to everyone who denied me, and to this one blind person who hasn't seen my feelings for him. It is also for the person who stayed and did not leave me at the same time as I was left by the whole world.

My eyes diverted to him. He smiled, seeming proud of what he was seeing so I smiled back. I waved at him to gain strength and courage for my presentation at this stage. "Fighting!" I read base on his speech and I just nod as a response. I went up on the stage, gripping the microphone. My nervousness is slowly corrupting me but I want to give my best for this presentation. Even if I don't win, I would at least do everything to show them what my talent is, and how I am being proud of this wonderful gift.

I took a deep breath and looked around the audience; it's a sign that I'm about to start. After a few seconds, the song plays. It is the Ending Scene by IU.

Hi, it's been a while
There's no question mark in your voice,
it's so you
As if it's a rule
Your seat is always the same, by the cold entrance

Make sure you eat well because it'll all pass
You'll be able to fall asleep like you did before
I really mean it
You have the right to be happier

Don't say those words, please
You know those words hurt even more
You say you're gonna love me, what use is it?
You don't know what kind of heart you gave me

While I am singing, memories come back; from fun to the saddest. For a few seconds that those memories returned, inexplicable tears are about to burst out. As I opened my eyes, there's only one person who appears clears at my sight, it's Jangjun. His delicate eyes are softly gazing straight to my eyes like he was telling me something.

As much as you were lonely
I really hope you meet someone
Who will love you more than you
I'm sorry that she's not me
It's not easy to give

Don't say those words, please
You know those words hurt even more
You say you're gonna love me, what use is it?
You don't know what kind of heart you gave me

Please be honest with me
You know I believe anything you say
Just like you said
Will I ever receive love from
someone who is like me?

As I continued singing, I feel like I'm starting to get choked in tears, I closed my eyes, forcing myself to erase everything that Jangjun made. I just realized that from the very beginning, he already asked me to stay away from him. He rejected my confession for the first time he encountered me until this last time that he's being taken by a powerful girl. I should've followed.

Loud applause from everyone awakens me from those thoughts. I opened my eyes and everyone is smiling. Judges are standing in ovation. I smiled, wiping those little tears that traitor me. I bowed in whelm and went off the stage. Dongmin immediately met me with a tight and proud hug. "You did a great job!" I can feel the curve in his lips. "Thank you so much for being there, Dongmin." I uttered, hugging him back.

❤️❤️❤️

The audition ended and in proud words, I got one of the selected and would be taken by the US agency. I'm going to the ladies' room and every student I'm meeting at the hallway greeted me with congratulations. Others are doing thumbs up just to let me know how good my presentation is. In answer, I'm smiling at them and thanking them.

When I was walking back to our room, I thought of getting my music notebook out of my locker. I briefly took it and when I started walking back, someone stopped in front of me. He stared straight to my eyes. I bowed as a greeting, then stepped my right foot to leave but he suddenly embraced me. Embrace that is not tight and choking but a soft embrace. "Jangjun..." I wasn't able to finish my statement as soon as he tightened his arms around me. "Just a second, please let us stay like this." My heart pounds loudly. It feels like it will burst out of my chest in no time. He's tucking his face on my nape, feeling his lips close to my neck. It feels like he's longing that hug.

I don't know but in his arms, I lose my guts on hugging him back until he finally released it. He immediately looked away but I could see some tears on his cheeks. My hand initiates to wipe those tears, winning his attention. I smiled softly. "Is there something that makes you torture inside?" He didn't respond. "I wish that you can overcome it. You're strong and I know you can fight for it." He finally looked at me. "If you're feeling sad and down, just think of those happy thoughts. It will ease your sadness." I smiled for the last time; he held my hand. "Can... you please... stay?" His statement confuses me. "I don't know what you're saying but I don't think I'm the one who can help you."

"Jangjun..." A small yet strong voice enters. I immediately took my hand from Jangjun and bowed to Yoojung, apologizing. "Please don't get mad at Jangjun. It's my fault. I'm sorry." I bowed multiple times. "It's okay." Yoojung flatly answered. "I'm sorry again." She pulled Jangjun away, leaving me stunned at my place. I didn't know how to react as Yoojung and I just met by now.